Search the forum,

Discuss City + Guild 6129 Practical Assessment Question Drawing SP1 page 105 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Essex Mark

I have a question C and G 6129 Level 2, Radiators with LCS pipes. My quiery is The flow that is piped to the top of the radiator needs to passover the return pipe, I am happy to pass over this pipe in passover fashion BUT am i required by C and G to pipe straight into the TRV (one piece of LCS) or may I connect an LCS coupler after the passover and measure and thread another pipe which takes me into the TRV. I am a bit worried about this as If I am required to use one piece of LCS I need to be accurate beyond belief the 2 pipe and a coupler method seems the easy way but will C and G allow this or am I allowed to use one pipe cut it the the correct length and hand thread it.

Someone out there must have done this....can anyopne help

I was taught 1 piece of pipe, its really simple, your have 2 rads, with 3 feeds needing the same passover, cut thread on one end and make the identical bends first, and cut thread the pipe after measuring it up to the LCS. I'll post a pic in a moment.

mark

the way c&g expect it done is the way it is laid out in your course folder.
go to the pages for this specific task and look at the line drawing. if it shows a full or a partial passover then that is what you do to pass the assessment. (remember that following plans is an important part of your assessments) so making up your own pipework routes at this stage is not the way to go.

KJ

Thanks for the reply, so in a nutshell, if I thread the passover end then offer the other end up to the trv THEN cut to the correct length and thread, this is the best way to go.

the flow is normally the top pipe not the bottom and therefore no passover required, are you piping up the return on the top?

IMG_0437.jpg
Here is the one i did for the assessment, my memory got it wrong again, it was 1 passover and 3 bends to align to the clips.

you should do it twice though - once for practice/learning and again for the assessment?

This is very strange that wasn't in my task manual...we had everything piped up to the bottom of the rads

I did that about a month ago but the bays we had were in a corner, not a strtaight wall

hmm i seem to remember that mine was all piped to the bottom as well, i must remember to have a look thru my folder.

you have piped it as the return on the bottom, that isnt usual practice, for good reason really, well in the past when it was all gravity it had to be, with it being pumped now it doesnt rweally matter but most people keep to the same.
the pipework in the pictures looks good, however ity would never be that easy in practice, youd never get a rad so much higher than the pipework, that just makes the job easy

I understood when questioning the small high rads and high/low pipework that it was to make it more difficult for the practice. the F/R have to be perfect vertical and the bends all line up exactly, if it was normal height and all low connections the precision isn't quite there for the tiny test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City + Guild 6129 Practical Assessment Question Drawing SP1 page 105 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock