Search the forum,

Discuss Cistern 15mm male inlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eltel35

I'm trying to fit a new close couple toilet. The inlet is a threaded 15mm pipe and I'm struggling to find the right connection to hook it up to 15mm pipe. I tried flexible hose with a half inch connector but it doesn't fit. The only other imperial sizes seem too big or small. I must be missing something obvious because it's not an obscure make (Vitra S50) but I could really do with some pointers. Many thanks.

pictures would help. the thread will be 1/2 inch not 15mm by the way. how do you mean it doesn't fit? can you not get the thread to start?

pictures would help. the thread will be 1/2 inch not 15mm by the way. how do you mean it doesn't fit? can you not get the thread to start?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've taken pictures but the forum won't allow me to post them.

The hose connector seems far too big. I'm now wondering if the wrong size is in the packet. It says 15mm x 1/2" x 300mm, but it looks much larger than that when measured.

Picture at i.*********/Nwyrpskh.jpg

http://i.*********/Nwyrpskh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Inlet picture i.*********/rUkC0Loh.jpg
http://i.*********/rUkC0Loh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
15mm flexis should fit the vitra no problem but like chalked n steve said it may be threaded and unfortunately because its plastic its easy to mince the threads, if your very carefull you might manage to salvage , just take your time and try and re thread but if you cant then it is possible to cut out the bad threaded piece and attatch flexi but your cut has to be perfect and square, otherwise youl need a new water inlet ( fluidmaster or similar ) which is a straight forward swap, (unless its side entry),

Ive had the 3/8s ones aswell, (foriegn tinternet) i had to buy a 3/8-15mm brass bush then flexi the vitras are 15mm

Thread is fine, the connector is just too big. All of my replies are being held for moderation I'm afraid.

looks like 3/8 to me pal you need a 3/8 connector to 15mm so get a 3/8 to 15mm female iron strait

Attachments

• rUkC0Loh.jpg
    rUkC0Loh.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 73
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluidmaster-euro-bottom-entry-fill-valve-3-8/87426

I know vitra have a few different models ( s20 s50 etc) but any that ive fitted have always been 15mm

If it's 3/8 ? And you want to use a flexi. Screwfix do a 3/8 to 15mm hose.
WRAS Hose 15mm x 3/8in x 300mm x 10mm | Compression Hoses | NoLinkingToThis

It might be a continental 10mm or 12mm fitting on toilet fitting,float valve, might be easier to take it out and bring it to a plumbing shop and they will give you a fitting to get up to 1/2 inch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern 15mm male inlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock