Discuss changing vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
we have citroen relay vans coming up to 5 yrs old,good vans space wise but had problems reliability ,looking to change now,heard bad reports about new relays,any thoughts on new vans we want space,cheap to run,and reliability

Vivaro/trafic/primastar.
Bought my Vivaro last May.Was 6 months old,ex parts van 6000 miles, remainder of warrany(2 and a half years).
All for £8995 plus vat..... bargain.
Get 35- 40 mpg depending how hard I drive and what i am carrying.
Only thing that has gone wrong with it was the rear door handle mechanism fell to bits.
Graham

I'm happy with my Vivaro, comfy, tight turning circle, good vision, econonical (6 speed box) and tough. Although generally abused, It starts first time every time and has been completely reliable.

I had Transits before but had lots of problems with flat batteries on both of them. Never found why, the alternators was fine just some strange intermittent current drain in the electronics. I was on first name terms with the AA chap he got called out so often.

vito 639:)mines just coming up to 190000mls still strong as an ox HTH:cool:

My old vito 140000 miles and ran like a dream still, pick up a newer one on wednesday for 9k, 2 n half years old 40000 miles on the clock :)

VW Transporter buy new and let the tax man pay his bit:D

our newly acquired transit[4 year old] is showing signs of small rust bubbles already,my 8 year old astra is spotless but the isuzu engine it has is very unrefined compared to the transit but they tell me the isuzu is bomb proof

my work van is a 58 plate ford transit and in the middle of the day on saturday it decided to roll off my drive and block my road off!! some old dear was about to go mad when she saw it pulling out on her but she got a shock when no one was in it!! got in and could just about pull the handbrake up 1 more notch. Its a comfy drive though.

I work on a fleet of vans and without doubt the best is the old style merc sprinter but if your looking for something newer you cant beat the transit 280 for comfort and fuel economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changing vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock