Search the forum,

Discuss Any Worcester Heatslave Experts? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks
I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc.

The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791), and to ensure the building doesn't get too cold, we have the boiler timer for the heating permanently on, and operating by the room stat.

However an issue developed whereby the radiators also heat up, when the hot tap is running. Even if the room stat is turned down to 5 degrees (the minimum setting)

The boiler has been checked, and the mechanical diverter valve was replaced, the motorised valve that controls it has been tested and working as it should. I've had two different engineers look at it and they can't figure out what the problem is (the first replaced the diverter valve). He spoke to Worcester, and they said the control board needed replaced. The control board was changed and the problem still existed (the control board was swapped back to the original and the part returned).

If anyone has any knowledge of these, I'd be delighted, as its now being suggested I buy a new boiler. The only other parts previously replaced on the boiler were the burner, and the expansion vessel.

Thanks
:)

PXL_20230526_124329141.jpg
PXL_20230526_124334715.jpg

Hi guys, sorry for the slow replied I didn't realise I had responses. Thanks for taking time to reply.
I've attached photos of the front with the door off.
The internal mechanism of the diverter valve was replaced with a brand new one. The brass housing wasn't replaced.
Could the internal mechanism be the wrong one?
It was ordered based on the serial number of the boiler.
Would changing the brass body make any difference, or perhaps could the motorised valve not be functioning fully?
I think I can check that myself? If I'm right you can see a white lever on the valve that should be fully one direction or the other depending whether the system is requiring heat or water?
Thanks so much

Only the mechanical internal spring mechanism of the diverter valve. The part the motorised valve moves up and down to divert the hot water or either radiators or tap. I've attached a photo (not maybe the exact one but looks like what I saw being installed)
That's the only part that's been renewed.View attachment 83568
Sorry, didn’t realise it was that type. I’d still say it’s passing though. Might be the actual brass then, perhaps it’s not seating correctly.

Sorry, didn’t realise it was that type. I’d still say it’s passing though. Might be the actual brass then, perhaps it’s not seating correctly.
Thankyou I will see if I can find someone who can check this, and ensure the motorised valve also if moving through its full range too.
I was concerned there might be other aspects of the boiler would make this happen.
Perhaps the part obtained wasn't the right one.
More investigation to be done I think.
:)

Reply to Any Worcester Heatslave Experts? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock