Discuss CH won't turn off: sticking valve or electrical problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PilotGP

Hi all,

My central heating combines downstairs underfloor and upstairs radiators. Downstairs works fine but the pump serving the rads upstairs comes on correctly when called by the thermostat, but very often won't switch off when the 'stat stops calling for heat, or even when the programmer goes out of the programmed hours.

It seems to be something to do with the 3-way valve - is there anything I can do to isolate the problem?

(When I speak to a local plumber he says "sounds electrical, call the electrician", and the electrician says "sounds like a plumbing problem..." :wink:)

Much appreciated!

Possible faulty 3 port valve or programmer. just call someone in gas safe engineer can check this out and correct the problem.

Hi all,

My central heating combines downstairs underfloor and upstairs radiators. Downstairs works fine but the pump serving the rads upstairs comes on correctly when called by the thermostat, but very often won't switch off when the 'stat stops calling for heat, or even when the programmer goes out of the programmed hours.

It seems to be something to do with the 3-way valve - is there anything I can do to isolate the problem?

(When I speak to a local plumber he says "sounds electrical, call the electrician", and the electrician says "sounds like a plumbing problem..." :wink:)

Much appreciated!

What you need is a Heating Engineer. Then you'll have someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in both areas.

Hi all,

Much appreciated!

What you need is a Heating Engineer. Then you'll have someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in both areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH won't turn off: sticking valve or electrical problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi I have a problem with my flexible pipes on my sink. They need replacing but we are going on holiday so won't be able to get this done till we...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock