Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss CH rads hot when they shouldn't be in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sah911

Hello, I am trying to diagnose the cause of a weird issue.

CH system in 5 year old house, main symptoms high heatng bills and radiators on "all the time"

most controls are drayton TA5 rads, LPSi241 prog timeswitch, ZA05 motorised actuator on the CH side not sure what the model of the HW actuator is but it isnt drayton ( has a red gear wheel rather than the black lever that draytons have )

My suspicion is that the CH actuator is either not fully closing and that hot water is leaking back through this valve when the HW system is active. The motor powers up when CH demand and the spring appears to return the actuator to closed. However this answer doesnt explain late night hot radiators when both HW and CH are in stnadby.

I have verified that the programed settings of CH and HW are ok and that there should be no call for HW or CH I have also observed the gas coming on during off cycle although only for small bursts giving what appears to be top up heat to combat circulating losses.

The CH pump is not running during the so called CH off rad hot period, nor is it running when HW only is selected on the over ride at the time switch.

At this stage any and all comments and suggestions short of start replacing everything until the issue dissapears are welcome. Things I could usefully hear about are how to set and check that the CH actuator valve is working and shutting of for example what the range of opening ought to be on a ZA05 it appears to be giving about 30degrees of movement from closed A to open B positions.

Thanks guys ..

Steve

try turning CH off for the 3-4 hours with only HW on, and feel the pipe after the CH motorised valve, if its hot then the valve is passing and will need replaced, if not then you have ruled out the motorised valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH rads hot when they shouldn't be in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a problem where my HW heats only when my CH is not on. When both are on only CH works. I have insurance for the boiler and heating, but not...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock