Search the forum,

Discuss HW not working when CH is on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a problem where my HW heats only when my CH is not on. When both are on only CH works. I have insurance for the boiler and heating, but not covered for just heating issues (should have read the small print).

I have changed the mid port valve actuator and the programmer (Drayton for Drayton). I have an Ideal system boiler.

Did some probing in the connector box and found that the HW satisfied is about 50v when both HW and CH is on. 240v when just HW (I guess until hot) and 240v when just CH is on.

Any ideas?

I would be looking at the mid position actuator or the wiring, here’s something to look at regarding testing:

1672756485987.jpeg

Reply to HW not working when CH is on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it. When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet. But when its in the HW...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a NEST with Viessmann system boiler with unvented cylinder. I have a mid position and two position valve I thought the mid position valve was faulty as it was not switching off I got new actuator - the right one (40003916-003/U) . The manuals do make a reference to v4073a1039...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock