Discuss central heating heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

does anyone know where i can find information on a central heating heat exchanger
its designed so it allow you to mix an open vent system to a sealed system, on one side you have the one system and the one on the other and as one passes through it takes the heat from that and transfares it to the other.

it looks like a box with two pipes either side> anyone know??

does anyone know where i can find information on a central heating heat exchanger
its designed so it allow you to mix an open vent system to a sealed system, on one side you have the one system and the one on the other and as one passes through it takes the heat from that and transfares it to the other.

it looks like a box with two pipes either side> anyone know??

dont really follow what your getting at mate.

can you clear it up a little?

seen one installed in a house, it was a pressurisated heating system with radiators, but had a open vented back boiler with a pump connected onto one side of the heat exchanger and then onto the pressurisated system to heat the radiators.

its acts as a heat transfer between the two systems

seen one installed in a house, it was a pressurisated heating system with radiators, but had a open vented back boiler with a pump connected onto one side of the heat exchanger and then onto the pressurisated system to heat the radiators.

its acts as a heat transfer between the two systems

iv seen large plate heat exchagers that do somethin similar for hot water

I remember seeing something like that using a plate heatexchanger so rads could be fitted in the roof space above the F&E tank. I also have seen a very large Plate Heat Exchanger used on an old heating system where new boilers were fitted but it was inpossible to get the old system clean enough for the new low water content boilers to be connected directly to that system.
Martin.

these are used in commercial or communial heating quite a bit but try DUNSLEY HEAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock