Discuss Cast Iron Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need to connect into a internal vertical cast iron soil pipe. I need to add a 4" branch for a a new toilet to be installed on the ground floor. I was wondering if cutting a section of cast iron pipe out and replace that section with plastic 4" pipe using rubber slip couplers would do the job....?

Also any idea what size the rubber slip coupler would need to be for the cast iron? Obv the outside diameter is bigger but couldn't get in to measure it... 5"? 6"?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

Dan.

Ensign joints are pretty good too, and a bit cheaper than some of the other cast Iron fittings around... They are red though, so you'll need to factor in painting it when you're done.
Drain centre or one of the other merchants of that type will hold them in stock normally.

id install a new stack to be honest! much easier and not much longer in time if its a small one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast Iron Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock