Discuss Cannot open pics !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I cannot seem to open the vast majority of images that are posted.

Does anyone else have this trouble or is it just me ?

Had same problem with IE. Less of problem when logged in with Chrome.
Double Posts still problem.

Forum problem I'm afraid. Dans on it.

British Forums | for everything British

We did a trial move to the new server (when it went offline) last week and it broke. So we're creating a workaround. We've so far managed to move all forums over except this one and electriciansforums.co.uk, which although it's on the new forum software, is actually broke quite badly. So both urgently need moving.

Part of me setting up a forum from scratch was to see how it performed, so we can replicate the structure of the database settings if all went well.

Problem is, our solid state disc (the hard drive) that we are on with this forum has broke. And each time we try to close the forums so it is only concentrating on copying files to either my local machines or the new server directly, it fails and crashes, and at the point it crashes, that set of files it was working on need erasing, recompiling, and copying again. It took us a few hours to get what we thought was a good copy. Loaded it on the new server, and it was. It was shot in various places. So we're kinda trying to create MySQL tables using a new forum, and then just port the content of the tables into them, rather than needing to bring the whole database over in one go.

So it wasn't wasted time per se. Although I did go a bit too far. I just find it fun working on 'em when they're running smooth lol I'm so used to these old things chugging along.

But yeah, we're working on it during quiet periods in the day and sometimes at night once we shut a forum down. It's just a maul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cannot open pics !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where to find out what size the O rings are in a Mira 723 service kit as I have one (at the pointy end of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have old un-pressurised heating system and I need to top up the water but I cannot locate the bloody...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock