Discuss Can you adapt a toilet to be a push buttin flush ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

i want to change the syphon on my toilet. At the same time i want to do away with the overflow.

Do i need to buy a new toilet or can i change these parts ? The toilet has a handle flush.

If i need to change it i have a suite which is champagne coloured. Can i get a £50 toilet in the same colour ?

yes you can convert although the handle hole may be too small to have the button in and you will have to have it standing proud

just change the syphon for one with an internal overflow, keeping the flush handle

Right ok. So where does this button sit then ? Can you drill a hole in the top of the cistern lid to allow the cable to come through ?

Any pics on the net showing how this is done ?

Ok, so i can get an internal overflow syphon with handle ? Great. Will they sell them at screwfix or tool station or do i need to go to the merchants ? any idea on cost.

Ok, so i can get an internal overflow syphon with handle ? YES Great. Will they sell them at screwfix YESor tool station YES or do i need to go to the merchants ?YES any idea on cost YES

Ok, so if i remove the overflow outlet, what do i use to bung up this hole. I know what it looks like, but i dont know its name. Can i get these at screwfix ?

You can only get white sanitary ware now, though I know a company that sells reconditioned coloured suites.

Changing to a push button is ok, but the button assembly will sit proud of the cistern where the toilet handle was. Buy a Fluidmaster kit from Screwfix and it should easily adapt. Don't try to drill a hole in the cistern lid without a special drill bit. One of the forum's sponsors 365 drills sell them.

Fluidmaster Button Cable Dual Flush & Bottom Inlet | NoLinkingToThis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you adapt a toilet to be a push buttin flush ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock