Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fire

i was thinking of applying for a job with Bg, anyone know what it is like to work there?

I sub to them, and I find it fine. I don't get calls to take more work all the time like you would at other firms and I find I get my 8/10 jobs per day and get left alone but there's always more work if I phone up and ask. I'm not sure what its like direct but subbing to them suits me fine.

No idea but I do know that blokes are fitting a boiler and 7 rads in a day for ÂŁ150 each 4 systems a week!

what kind of work do you do for them ? servicing and breakdowns ? I'm more of an installer not confident enough to do breakdowns yet need more training to be honest

No idea but I do know that blokes are fitting a boiler and 7 rads in a day for ÂŁ150 each 4 systems a week!

Thats not very good , contract work like that is normally ÂŁ200+ a day plus scrap obviously

Hi Fire, I work for British Gas in their recruitment team, and am using this forum to let people know about our current vacancies. I'm happy to help as much as I can. Please send me a private message if you like to let me know where you are, your experience and qualifications and I'll let you know what we have available. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Helen, thanks for your help last week. I applied for the vacancy you sent me last week but I was rejected for not having the right qualifications?! I am Level 2 NVQ and the position was for an apprentice? Surely a Level 2 NVQ is enough for an apprenticeship?!

i was thinking that as well. probably want to mould to their ways.

Hi Helen, thanks for your help last week. I applied for the vacancy you sent me last week but I was rejected for not having the right qualifications?! I am Level 2 NVQ and the position was for an apprentice? Surely a Level 2 NVQ is enough for an apprenticeship?!

is it for apprentice service and breakdown engineer ?

Thats not very good , contract work like that is normally ÂŁ200+ a day plus scrap obviously

They get the scrap as well. The thing is, there are plenty of guys out there with CCN1 and not a lot of work so they are doing it probably not too happy about it but nonetheless that is the rate being paid. I think the main contractors are getting squeezed by BG as well or someone is undercutting to get the work and passing on the low rate.

I quoted a straight swap OV boiler last week BG quoted ÂŁ1750 for a baxi. I got the job at ÂŁ1580 for a Vaillant 418. The last time I did something similar BG wanted ÂŁ3200.

The success of any application will always partly depend on who else applies, and whether they are deemed to be more suitable. We have hundreds of applications for some apprentice roles, so there will have been candidates with a better skills and qualification match ikn this case unfortunately. Good luck moving forward though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock