Discuss British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking that as well. probably want to mould to their ways.

Hi Helen, thanks for your help last week. I applied for the vacancy you sent me last week but I was rejected for not having the right qualifications?! I am Level 2 NVQ and the position was for an apprentice? Surely a Level 2 NVQ is enough for an apprenticeship?!

is it for apprentice service and breakdown engineer ?

Thats not very good , contract work like that is normally £200+ a day plus scrap obviously

They get the scrap as well. The thing is, there are plenty of guys out there with CCN1 and not a lot of work so they are doing it probably not too happy about it but nonetheless that is the rate being paid. I think the main contractors are getting squeezed by BG as well or someone is undercutting to get the work and passing on the low rate.

I quoted a straight swap OV boiler last week BG quoted £1750 for a baxi. I got the job at £1580 for a Vaillant 418. The last time I did something similar BG wanted £3200.

The success of any application will always partly depend on who else applies, and whether they are deemed to be more suitable. We have hundreds of applications for some apprentice roles, so there will have been candidates with a better skills and qualification match ikn this case unfortunately. Good luck moving forward though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock