Currently reading:
Boosted Domestic Cold Water

Discuss Boosted Domestic Cold Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ringbolt

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/misc.php?ccbloc=613"]
post_new.gif
[/DLMURL] [27-10, 08:26] Ringbolt I have rubbish water pressure and a combi which means that I can only have one shower or tap on at a time. Is there any reason why I cannot put in say 100l cold water tank and 2bar pump before the combi to give constant boosted pressure to the system?

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/misc.php?ccbloc=613"]
post_new.gif
[/DLMURL] [27-10, 08:26] Ringbolt I have rubbish water pressure and a combi which means that I can only have one shower or tap on at a time. Is there any reason why I cannot put in say 100l cold water tank and 2bar pump before the combi to give constant boosted pressure to the system?
there is no reason you cant do this but its unlikly to help unless your main is very poor combis will only produce an amount of hot water depending on the rated gas in put
aprox 8 litres for a 24kw combi you need to compare what yours is producing compared to what it says in the specification it also depends on temperature rises and temp of incoming main will vary it at different times of year

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason at all,as long as you are pumping from the tank not the mains,it will work well,if you have room for a tank,great,
The tank will have to be big enough to hold enough water to allow the pump to operate as required for time required without running dry ,as if mains are bad ,when pump on ,you obviously,will be removing more water from tank than the mains can replace
So maybe you would need 200l,but have seen smaller tanks used,were space in a problem and although sometimes the tank empties,it is still better than living with a poor main or virtually non existant at peak demamd times

ps if the tank is low level,have seen fitted under stairs,a negative head pump can be fitted that works on pressure loss in pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boosted Domestic Cold Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back