Discuss boiler sugestion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

take a recent property i am quoting for,

large 4 bed semi 12m x 9m
1 main bath,
2 en-suites lecy showers,
one w.c w.b,

ceilings 10' high,

existing rads=
4- 10' single rads,
2- 8' single rads,
2- 4' doubles
1- 5' x 500mm towel rad.

loft bedroom proposed works.

existing boiler potterton hideaway.

the guy is looking to install a combi, lives on his own and will live there for 3 years.

what boiler would you recommend will suit this installation?.
thanks for your thoughts.

It's irrelevant about the details of the house a combi is a combi it will always heat a house and will provide you with unlimited amount but limited volume per minute of hot water. Personal favorites are w-Bosch 30si or junior, small, easy to fit, will last. Viessmann combi beautifully made, quiet, cheaper than Bosch. Fitted a few ideal logics lately there ok look really good but not sure what faults they will have as there new. Not impressed by anything else.

performa 30he or if you want more power 40kw duotec as for the performa 1 bath no effort ensuites dont matter leccy showers heating output even though its called a 30 he its 31.3 kw output, the duotecs 37 kw output if there on a budget the performa will do the job the duotecs £960 from dougfeild

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone has there own, if it was me i would go for vaillant 837 ecotec plus

I would try to persuade him to have a system boiler with unvented cylinder,horses for courses

Thorn EMI Housewarmer, with 1" hw gravity circs, 1 1/2 hour recovery time for hot water cylinder.

hmm i thought a system to be better but he has insisted on a combi as he wants the cylinder cupboard ripping out for an en-suite.
shiffting and re-fitting will only shove up the quote.

Sorry Martin I keep on getting trapped in the early 80s ,was a much happier time for me lol, myles (phils the middle name),

Vaillent ecoTec Plus 831 all the way, its a very decent boiler, I fit them all the time, has 2 year warranty and the help desk are always helpful in the event of any problems, but to be honest its only been a couple of times within warranty, both easy sticking pumps, nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler sugestion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock