Search the forum,

Discuss boiler keeps needing to be reset!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bradchop

Hi everyone, i have a worcester bosch 24i junior combi non condensing which is about 3 years old. the problem is that it keeps on needing to be reset at odd times. mainly on demand though. So far i have renewed the over heat stat, the central heating stat and the pump, but so far no joy. The manual says that it could be the mainboard but im reluctant to fit one if the problem can be solved elsewhere.

I phoned worcester and they only really seem to be following the manual as i am, nothing conclusive with them tbh.

The system is only a 3 radiator system all with lockshields fully open. The system doesnt need a powerflush as its had one just under a year ago. It has an external wall mounted stat that has been renewed recently and also a new programmer.

has anyone had this problem before?? many thanks

Gas Engineer

oh yeah, forgot to add.....the gas valve is regulating nicely and doing everything that it should so i have ruled that out. ALso i have ruled out blockages. thanks

flashing once per second.

i have just had some info from an engineer who has had this problem before. he thinks that the pcb has gone.....he thinks that it is shutting off the fan. I have to check 1 thing tommorow though. I have to check the resistance at the fan, if its above 100 ohms i think the pcb is faulty. so i will check tommorow then let you know the result.

hi guys, update. I tested the resistance where the fan meets the pcb (st1 i think) and it has the correct resistance.... so im back to the drawing board. I did however notice that the positive pressure tube that joins the flue to the pressure switch wasnt on properly and was 'folded' on one side (which could have let the air in - or pressure out). So i have put it on test once more and am awaiting the result. hopefully its solved it but my gut tells me its a no no!!

long story.... but the owner also owns 40 other flats. 8 years ago he brought 15 boilers but only fitted 13. stored 2 until about 3 years ago. hence why i say the boiler is only 3 years old. technically its 8 years old but if its sat in its box then does that count?? lol

must be in bad condition, there is always water in the heat exchanger when i fit boilers so if thats been sitting inside the boiler for 5 years, it must be scaled up, must be overheating

update. checked on boiler today. Still needs resetting. flash at once per second. It looks like i have to test everything however small or large...gonna take me ages!! :66:

If i ever get it sorted i will let you know what it was :24:. Damn boiler!!! :dead:

update. sorry it took so long. it turns out the fault lies with the pump. the pump i fitted wasnt an original boiler pump (not strong enough) so i had to fit a brand new boiler spec pump (as the guy on worcester tech told me it has to be the correct spec). The old pump was over heating and breaking down and causing the boiler to kettle and overheat. thanks for your feedback guys.

mucho appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler keeps needing to be reset!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock