Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler flame not lighting first thing in the morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick8685

Hi

I have a Worcester 24i rsf boiler with a mechanical timeswitch. I have it set for the heating to come on in the morning but the flame doesn't always light, to get it to light I switch it off at the mains then back on again this normally makes it light fist time. the heating will then come on fine for all the other settings throughout the day, it also works fine for hot water.
I would be greatful if anybody knows of a fix for this problem.

Thanks

Yes. And so will your GSR.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler flame not lighting first thing in the morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath, I can hear the gas flame turning on and off…and the bath water is quite cold…..if I leave the tap running for say 5 mins, then the gas does stay on...
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor thermostat and now it's not switching on the boiler to heat that floor. The thermostat display is fine and the app is fine. All systems say they are fine and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone ever saw this issue.... My Worcester Bosch boiler was installed last year August, since then I found the boiler green light (burner light) will be off after HW is satisfied(supposed to be), but after 2 mins it will be back on again! For 2mins of firing, the...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock