Search the forum,

Discuss GlowWorm Boiler Burner Never Switches Off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just normal operation? Its currently 22 deg C upstairs and downstairs.

No thermostat just a timer (thermostat install is next project in old council house), boiler rad temps is set to 65 deg C. 10 rads in the house.

It sounds like your boiler is continuously running due to the absence of a room thermostat, leading to overheating. The flashing radiator icon and constant flame symbol indicate it's trying to heat beyond necessity. Installing a room thermostat will help regulate the temperature efficiently by turning the boiler off when the set temperature is reached, preventing constant running and overheating. Additionally, check if the boiler's internal thermostat is working correctly, as it should modulate the flame based on heating demand.

Hope this helps.

It sounds like your boiler is continuously running due to the absence of a room thermostat, leading to overheating. The flashing radiator icon and constant flame symbol indicate it's trying to heat beyond necessity. Installing a room thermostat will help regulate the temperature efficiently by turning the boiler off when the set temperature is reached, preventing constant running and overheating. Additionally, check if the boiler's internal thermostat is working correctly, as it should modulate the flame based on heating demand.

Hope this helps.
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in place for next Winter, hopefully that will solve it, thanks.

Reply to GlowWorm Boiler Burner Never Switches Off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock