Discuss Boiler fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
I'm finding this site rather informative :

Top Tips and Tricks for the Professional Boiler and Heating Engineer

Is it worth paying £10 for an annual subscription for all the other bits and pieces?

Does anyone have any other links/literature on diagnostics?
I'm particularly interested in knowing about what resistance certain components should be and how to measure them.

You get all this information from boiler manufacture for free. get on some free boiler courses.

From what I've read I would say it's worth a tenner if your not very experienced in fault finding, I find most boiler manufactures training days never live up to my expectations, best one I have ever been on was a mobile WB one outside PTS approx six years ago, told us about fan pressures and the need not to strip down greenstars unnecessary and how to adjust co2 etc on the various models, backed up by handouts of the fan & co2 settings of the model range

The Vaillant level 1 ecotec is very basic, I had to sit in on one recently and all they got to do is play with the D codes.............

Baxi Duo Tec course is good. I've been every year for the last 3 years. The company just sends me there, so I get paid to sit and go back over the same old stuff.

electric gas and water are my first three checks its amazing how just making sure all three are present can save time and dont belive anything a customer tells you times ive been trying to sort out why a boiler wont light and the tennant tells you yes theres gas i topped up yesterday when you go to meter it turns out they are in arrears and yesterdays tenner has all gone

electric gas and water are my first three checks its amazing how just making sure all three are present can save time and dont belive anything a customer tells you times ive been trying to sort out why a boiler wont light and the tennant tells you yes theres gas i topped up yesterday when you go to meter it turns out they are in arrears and yesterdays tenner has all gone

No gas at metre was the main fault with HA properties!!

Second best one I went on was Glowworm via City plumbing, not very informative but good food and credited £100 City plumbing account

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
I see that there was a post in November that refers to a LARGE leak, but ours is much smaller (needs topping up every ten days to two weeks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock