Discuss Boiler cleaning kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hu guys what do you use for cleaning boilers on a service?

I have seen the brush sets available was just wondering if anyone has anything else they use.

Any suggestions?

Links to items would be appreciated :D

Thanks

Hu guys what do you use for cleaning boilers on a service?

I have seen the brush sets available was just wondering if anyone has anything else they use.

Any suggestions?

Links to items would be appreciated :D

Thanks
Dufug? You are an RGI, how is this even a question for you.

At the very least mods should move to unseen forum.

Brush, fin abrasive blade, canned air, Hoover / blower. Dust sheet. Decent head torch mag tray for screws .....

Thanks for your input.
I am not trying to offend you, but if you do not know this stuff, then you should not be considered GasSafe, how on earth have you even passed ACS.

Last week i met a RGI who could not use a pipe bender, on Wednesday i met a RGI who could not solder, had no idea at all what to do.

What is going on with our trade, what an absolute mockery of a guilded profession.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not used canned air for ages. What propellant has it got now? The old stuff was gas propelled! Great inside a boiler .

I don't know Chalked. I know I keep a can for blocked pilot jets. That's about all I'll use it on now, I'm too tight to spray it around. I tend to use the hoover instead!

Cheers guys i have a set of brushes but not the best and use compressed air but some other bits mentioned that will be useful.

Dufug? You are an RGI, how is this even a question for you.

At the very least mods should move to unseen forum.

I am not trying to offend you, but if you do not know this stuff, then you should not be considered GasSafe, how on earth have you even passed ACS.

Last week i met a RGI who could not use a pipe bender, on Wednesday i met a RGI who could not solder, had no idea at all what to do.

What is going on with our trade, what an absolute mockery of a guilded profession.

Really? Do you ever actually listen to yourself? Because you clearly passed the first time and knew absolutely everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Easy feller. The op is just asking for a bit of advice. Which is what the forum is for. I think your post is a bit harsh. Army ash has been on this forum gaining information while still in the army. A great contributor and keen to learn

Get a mmilwaukiee m18 Hoover sucks and blows , no compressor or many tins of air. Air uses co

you are being a Richard.

What don't I know? I'm asking what things people use for boiler servicing that I might find useful. If you can't answer what I am asking don't waste your time replying to the thread.

You are obviously one of those RGI's who didn't need tips/advice/experience to learn the trade properly. Must have been born with the knowledge. I congratulate you.

I bought the 18V makita hoover for servicing. Only sucks but its ok. On special, 30 quid at Screwfix at the moment Think I paid 40.

there will be rgi,s out there who never solder same as there will be rgis who never use copper and rgis who have never done a chimney test out side of the training center.there are many side to this game mate were not all multiskilled
funny i was thinking i hadnt seen ash for a while hows it going?

It's going well thanks Steve, learning and gaining confidence every day! how's things?

Hope you and everyone is busy.

I am on the forum most nights seeking out info but not always posting :D

he passed it because he is flipping dedicated!

Ash has had the balls to ask many things that yourself would take the pee out of because he wants to do something right!!!

would you prefer him not to so you can go on thinking that everyone has the same knowledge and experience?

And while you're at it look down on new entrants to the gas industry?

actually i have a few questions gas.

Why are you not in the private section?
do you know everything about the gas industry when you first passed your exams?

Because you clearly passed the first time and knew absolutely everything.
What? before going it alone you think i just half arsed it, no, i put my time in and earned it, 5 year apprenticeship my friend, UK Government standard.

Yes, i passed first time, obviously.

What? before going it alone you think i just half arsed it, no, i put my time in and earned it, 5 year apprenticeship my friend, UK Government standard.

And other people come to the trade in a different way. In Ash's case, having served HM Government's standards in an entirely different capacity.

So maybe cut the guy a little slack eh?

If I was half arseing it I wouldn't be employed.

I work for a firm but have done a few jobs private myself to earn a few more ÂŁÂŁ. Looking to start upping it now to gain experience and confidence which will enable me to earn more and also gain confidence which will be a benefit to the firm where i work now.

I come on here for advice and info as then I can go to work and come across something I may not have seen before but have an idea how to deal with it myself from what i have been told here without having to ask one of the more experienced guys for assistance.

I work for a firm but have done a few jobs private myself to earn a few more ÂŁÂŁ. Looking to start upping it now to gain experience and confidence which will enable me to earn more and also gain confidence which will be a benefit to the firm where i work now.

I come on here for advice and info as then I can go to work and come across something I may not have seen before but have an idea how to deal with it myself from what i have been told here without having to ask one of the more experienced guys for assistance.

The biggest difference between humans and other species is that we are better at learning from others.

This logic does not bode with me.

I think you need to go and dust off your framed certificates and admire them while the other guys have something useful to post, you are not adding anything of any worth.

I am a mod of a well known Plumbing forum, you are a course cowboy, with all the negative cogitations.

Best leave it there guys, don't you think?

Nothing good will come from continuing this.

I am a mod of a well known Plumbing forum, you are a course cowboy, with all the negative cogitations.

You know nothing about me or how I work. I'm obviously doing something right. You are a mod of a well known plumbing forum? I feel sorry for the people who come on your forum who are hard working, determined and getting somewhere only for you to put them down. It might be a well known plumbing forum that you mod but this is the best plumbing forum as i'm sure you have seen. I agree with ray that's enough.

I'll remember to pay no attention to what you say from now.

me too.!

so its now in private forums and i dont care who you are i am banning your bum from our forums permanently.

dick head!

just had a read of previous posts and he has been warned a week ago.

my conclusion...........he's the merchant gobster, found mouthing off 1st thing monday morning at the counter hoping everyones listening to how it should be done!!!!!!!!!

just had a read of previous posts and he has been warned a week ago.

my conclusion...........he's the merchant gobster, found mouthing off 1st thing monday morning at the counter hoping everyones listening to how it should be done!!!!!!!!!

Pet hate ehh?

In all seriousness though I have never had any problems on this site and I wasn't sure which way this guy was going to go at first but he wasn't here to say anything constructive after all.

I appreciate everyone who stuck up for me especially being a "cowboy" :)

me too.!

so its now in private forums and i dont care who you are i am banning your bum from our forums permanently.

dick head!

Ffs Martin! I wanted to do that!

In all seriousness though I have never had any problems on this site and I wasn't sure which way this guy was going to go at first but he wasn't here to say anything constructive after all.

I appreciate everyone who stuck up for me especially being a "cowboy" :)

One of our favourites, tex...........

ash doesnt matter how you got here its what you do in the field and from your posts over the time youve been a member id day your doing a sterling job fella , ive seen fully apprentiship guys work look like it was done by a ten year old.

everyone has a bad , everyone does something to get the job done

ignore the muppet and move on fella

Well that escalated quickly!

Fair play to you Ash for not rising to the smile minded fool! I've admired how you've gone about getting into this industry. Can't have been easy. I will openly admit I'm one of those course cowboys but I've worked hard to get where I am & it hasn't been easy but I've stuck at it! Fair play to you again Ash for getting where you are.

Wasn't he the fool having a pop about the Nerrad tools?

brushes are good ,although use only few of them :) wanted to get canned air but its too much, can't believe. Hoover is essential, just got myself small cordless one. and dustsheet of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler cleaning kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest...
Replies
Views
The system is open vented with a Glowworm boiler. It has an LCD controller on the wall - see pic. I just want to remove one radiator for cleaning...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock