Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec Plus 630 boiler not reaching target temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler) was anti-cycling as the demand from the UFH was too low for the boiler to remain firing. This issue has gone away since the introduction of a new boiler & LLH.

I have noticed in the last couple of days that with the boiler target temp set to 65 degrees, the boiler flow temp (d.40) takes an age to get to 60+ from cold. Even when the boiler was running continuously (with just CH on) for 2 hours this morning, the boiler flow temp reached 61C (d.40), boiler return temp - 52C (d.41)

d.00 on the boiler is set to "Automatic".

The boiler displays 5 modulation levels and it is currently displaying level 2. Is there any reason on why the boiler is not reaching its target temp and/or why the boiler is not modulating at a higher level to get the boiler flow temp close to the boiler target temp ? Even now with both, CH and UFH, demanding heat from the boiler, the modulation level is at 2.

Any suggestions on why the modulation level is not going above 2 will be much appreciated.

What’s the flow and return temps both sides of the llh ? Sounds like it’s sensing the heat isn’t getting away fast enough

thanks @ShaunCorbs. Stupid question but I would I meassure the flow & return temps on both sides of the LLH?

Clip on temp guages or a ir temp gun with some black electrical tap on the copper eg test on the temp due to copper being shiny / reflective

sorry @ShaunCorbs, I thought I had responded to this. Since my last post, I changed d.00 to 28kw. The speed of the boiler immediately increased and the modulation level went up to 4. I was finding that the boiler flow temp was reaching the boiler target temp of 65C and the rads were heating up nicely.

However, from reading my IHD linked to my smart meter, I am finding that I am using approx £16 per day of gas in the last few days of this cold weather spell. I took some readings earlier today, with boiler target temp set at 64C, and with just my CH on, D.40 was 64C, D.41 was 53C, and the modulation level had dropped down to 3 (since the CH was on for at least 3-4 hours).

Trying to find ways in reducing my gas consumption. Suggestions I have read on another forum (where I posted about my initial problem) is to use Vaillant controls. Without vaillant controls, comments are "you are wasting the modulating tech of your boiler by not using the ebus system from vaillant to control the boiler, this is why your system it not running properly and probably wasting loads of gas". Here's the link to the post on that forum Vaillant ecoTec Plus 630 boiler not reaching target temp - https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/topic/36747-vaillant-ecotec-plus-630-boiler-not-reaching-target-temp/#comment-533644

agree vaillant controls are best but there not cheap and you would save on average max £25-30 if you switch on gas

Well that’s a negligible saving in my mind. How did you arrive at that?

Just experience in changing over it’s more to do with the features that It could bring more so than gas saving etc

Just experience in changing over it’s more to do with the features that It could bring more so than gas saving etc
well, I really cannot see what extra features the Vaillant controls can provide (over and above 3rd party controls like Heatmiser, Hive, Nest, etc) to warrant such an expenditure, and not provide much of a saving in gas consumption

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec Plus 630 boiler not reaching target temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock