Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Bottom Baffle burnt through in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through.
Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just on one spot?. Also what impact would this have on the combustion and setting it up with this in place. ? I have set the boiler up at the lower output (16kw) and settings seem to be reading OK for now.
I have a new set on back order, Just wondering if this could start to affecting combustion or just run a little hotter at flue. ? If left too long would I end up sooted again. ?

Attachments

• 20240226_131317.jpg
    20240226_131317.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 13
They don’t last forever depending on age that’s normal and you can get spares

If it under 5 I would look if correct nozzle/ pressures we’re set etc

Boiler about 7 yr. old . Apparently was serviced 4 mths ago and chamber cover was not removed. FA printout had 10 bar written on but was measuring at about 8bar when I serviced...
I have baffles on order but yet to get go ahead to change ... Suspect the assumption is that if it is running it is ok. Which is why Im asking if it is left like that will it start affecting combustion and start sooting up..?

Agree have you got an eta from your supplier ?

Got an ok from customer last night . Picked up baffles form supplier this morning and have just changed over.
Also added some fire rope around door seal to bring out a bit, as it looks like insulation was starting to press on condensate drip plate just under tabulators.

Reply to Grant Bottom Baffle burnt through in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock