Currently reading:
bleeding air.

Discuss bleeding air. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnx14

when i moved into a new house 10 years ago and turned the central heating on, after an hour, the kitchen hot water tap, was not giving hot water. the builder directed me to a small valve on a pipe beside the hotpress, which i release air for about 30 seconds to several minutes every few months. (for the last 10 years!!) i can feel the hot water replace the air in the pipes. is this normal? have i a leak in the system or is it oxygen in the water like my bro says? releasing the air gives me hot water in the kitchen tap.

john

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Air will rise to high points in the system. In your case the air valve is in the right place. Is is not unusual for air to collect in an open vented system but not desirable. However its not always easy to identify the cause. Air is being drawn in to the system, which is often via the vent over cistern, as a result of the pump being set high or and control devices turning on and off and affecting the dynamics of the system. Although not a cure, the effect can be managed by fitting an automatic air valve. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bleeding air. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock