Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss benchmark cert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

the chap i did my portfoilio with and whom i still do 3 days a week with as i belive this is where the real learning starts is currently away on his jols and unlucky for him has left me in charge :). anyway im after some construcitve feed back. have i completed the benchamrk cert shown correctly. many thanks boys n girls

Attachments

• gas record.jpg
    gas record.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Well 24.4 m3/h seems wrong, you taken a reading in ft3/h or something

Sorry bod,I could not read either, thought needed new glasses. What boiler is it you are commissioning ?

Sorry bod,I could not read either, thought needed new glasses. What boiler is it you are commissioning ?
tip for the visually challenged
pressing ctrl and plus on the numeric pad(not plus on the keyboard)bigs up the page so you can see it if you close the page whilst it big next time you go to it it will automaticly go to that size again ctrlminus takes it down again

thanks for that little tip steve, you learn something new every day!:D

When doing gas rates for the benchmark do 2 mins x 30 and that is the answer in m3/hr. You have just done the sum wrong. It is not asking for the kw/hr (which is what you have calculated), only the m3/hr.
Your 24kw boiler is noted as running at around 260kw :)

When doing gas rates for the benchmark do 2 mins x 30 and that is the answer in m3/hr. You have just done the sum wrong. It is not asking for the kw/hr (which is what you have calculated, only the m3/hr.
Your 24kw boiler is noted as running at around 260kw :)

Btw most benchmarks i see are a straight copy from the MI's. at least you have made the effort ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
10/10 effort.
5 mistakes.

dam :((((

o well thanks for the help guys ill keep trying

so my answer should of been 2.27

which is my 24.44 calculated backwards .

would the gas safe inspector look at this if he went to look at my work , im assuming hed just point out my error as its not really a massive mistake

thanks

what were the five mistakes then

passing my exams , fitting a boiler , my mate leaving me to look after things completing the benchmark wrong and not sticking to plumbing lol

Mine did when he visited me he was very keen
pound shop for liquid paper me thinks
good luck pal keep tryin

the chap i did my portfoilio with and whom i still do 3 days a week with as i belive this is where the real learning starts is currently away on his jols and unlucky for him has left me in charge :). anyway im after some construcitve feed back. have i completed the benchamrk cert shown correctly. many thanks boys n girls
Hard to read, but if was was checking your work by checking your paperwork I would want to see 2 things. First it is gas tight, and second it is burning correctly. The latter is on the benchmark form (Hope you did a safetycert too to record the Gas Tightness Test) So If you installed a G20 appliance - when you checked your G20 test point did you get what the manufacturer asked for. Then When you gas rated how did you get 24m3 ?? or is that supposed to be KW. That would give you over 250 Kw of boiler ?? And would make me very worried over your testing skills and whther the appliance is actually safe. Did you do a Flue Gas Analysis per manufacturers. Hate to be cruel, but all of the data is in the manual and even tells you what to do. If your heating design ius wrong the customers will complain of cold, if your flow rate is poor, they will complain, but if you haven't completed the appropriate gas safety tests Then they might well already be Dead ???? !!

Here for advise if you need it

did you get what the manufacturer asked for . yes

Then When you gas rated how did you get 24m3 yes it was 24kw i did the calcualtion wrong , i went too far

Did you do a Flue Gas Analysis per manufacturers , yes and ive saved it i have the anton sprint v2 , ive also printed a copy off and stapled to the MI

i also did my tightness test twice , once manually wi mi u gauge and again wi mi anton and saved that too.

i really appreciate the help guys i just want to do things right

thanks

Well Done.

You have to remember as a responsible person "YOU" are the one who takes responsibility and the Wrap if Anything Goes Wrong. In the event that your work is inspected or there is a problem, it is you who ends up in court. Gas Safety is paramount above all else, and so self auditing is extremely wise. Self confidence, but not arrogance is even more important to ensure your common sense asks the questions, because the Gas Safety regs are just that, common sense. Your job sheet can hang you or free you. The Benchmark is outdated, and many job sheets out there are not asking the relevant questions. Go back to basics always, why is a commission necessary, what are the gas tests i need to do to clarify that its burning correctly etc... Good luck out there. Experience is something that we have all learned over time by doing the job. However Gas Safety has to be 100% and primary. Its better to use common sense than learn by mistakes. We all have access to a field guide, and i know everyone has there preferences but it holds the british standards in an easy to understand format. If you ever find yourself unsure it is time to go back and study. We are all learning new things each day.
When you are surveying or installing the first thoughts have to be Is the Boiler sufficient for the Job, is the pipework sufficiently sized and installed for the maximum demand when all appliances are on, then commission it to ensure it is operating safely and burning cleanly.

i can say i have learnt my mistakes on this one and will not be making them again. it just proves to me i am right by staying with my mentor 3 days a week and use other sources like hear and books ive bought on line.

said it before and ill say it again.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to benchmark cert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock