Discuss been called to a problem with radiators not heating up...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

this customer has had problems since day on with previous installer - i have been recommended to her. I have visited once and tried to balance the system - to no avail....

basicalled its a vented system worcestor 40cdi

originally there was one pump on the system.

conservatory rads werent getting hot so the installer has put a pump before them 4 rads - now they get piping hot even on low setting on pump and lockshields only slightly open....

but the rest of the house suffers - especially the rads on the downstairs circuit.

the downstairs circuit branches off straight after the pump.... the pipes get hot coming down wall (15mm but the installer has then run it under the floor to 3 rads 2 of which are big doubles) the rads do not get warm even though the pipes are coming down the wall.

I am due back there tomorrow - i am thinking maybe the 2 pumps are working against each other as in the first pump is creating the flow towards a tee, the second pump is then taking the flow towards the conservatory only?

im planning on going tomorrow to look at the pipework layout under the floor boards. also perhaps - take the 2nd pump off the system.

the house is big dont get me wrong - but theres only 4 bedrooms and maybe ten metres from pump to furthest rad - and 16 rads on system ?

was thinking maybe take the 15/50 off and put 15/60 on?

would the 2 pumps be acting against each other and dragging the flow towards one rad - i alwasy though the pump just pushes and not pull?

when saying put the 15/60 pump on that would replace the both pumps.

the 2nd pump sounds like it was a bad idea, i would try and assess the pipework installation first and see if the pipework and sizes are correct.

I spoke to Grundfos regarding putting a second pump on a very long run, they advised it to go on the return to assist the 1st pump which was on the flow, that is, on the return but not at the side of the boiler,more, just after the last radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to been called to a problem with radiators not heating up...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock