Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator Heat Up Order in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some stage (downstairs bathroom and upstairs bedroom). There is a mix between some radiators flow/return not really coinciding with where the TRV/lock shield valve is located.

I have included a sketch, shows the radiator orientation against the walls and flow/return along with which sides are TRVs if fitted.

The confusion is whether the radiator heat up order could be Downstairs Kitchen Extension RAD -> Upstairs Bedroom Extension RAD -> Downstairs Kitchen RAD? Is that a possibility if an extension was done for the pipework to basically go from boiler to ext rad ext rad then back down? As this seems to be the results I am getting, but it doesn't make sense?

How would the pipework generally be fed? When an extension is done?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-17 at 15.46.43 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-17 at 15.46.43 (1).jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 7
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi directional which side of rad is flow or return don't really matter,
Yes it's possible extention rads are piped back to near boiler indeed could be considered good practice.
It's not important to know what order rads are piped up just adjust lockshields so all rads heat up at more or less same time and temperature.

Reply to Radiator Heat Up Order in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock