Discuss baxi 105 e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

typical monday traveled 45miles out of my area.diverter ready to fit to this boiler . turned up folded down electronics and covered with towel and enclosed in a tesco carrier bag. drained boiler and fitted new diverter. switch on boiler and flame failure light flashing and burner lite light on. turn off very quick.remove pcb and find 5 little dropplets of water in the case i am assuming despite all my efforts water got into the board .either that or dry joint . got new board fitted and all ok . think i learnt my lesson removing the board on the next one i do.

ant

Yep the 105e pcb is like a Labrador. Show it water and just has to jump in :) I normally ask the custard for a hair dryer TBH! Has got me out of a good few wet PCB's in my time :)

Carry one of the wifes old hairdryers now, due to getting a few boards wet in the past. Works a treat as long as it is dried before putting power back on

Carry one of the wifes old hairdryers now, due to getting a few boards wet in the past. Works a treat as long as it is dried before putting power back on

One of the wife's old ones sounds like my missus with a different dryer for everyday of the week

Yep, I used the old hairdryer trick a few weeks ago. Worked a treat.

If you et it dry enough the board normally comes back. Don't throw it.

i have a hair dryer on the van it gets me out of trouble i always remove the pcb on a 105/performa etc the water always runs down the wiring harness

i have used a hairdryer on a 105 before they can be right gits! with the water lol

if i do boiler repair I get my wet vac and I make sure all water goes in the wet vac
sorry you had to change the pcb on this ......we can not always win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi 105 e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I have quite a story and a looking for some advice here. On Thursday during the cold snap our hot water stopped working (in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
My apologies as this question has probably been asked loads of times. We moved into a new house in Jan which has an oil boiler, the room that...
Replies
Views
Help required Baxi 105he. Boiler is 10 years old and has been a pain for a while now. Ch workes great no issues. Hot water however not so good. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock