Discuss Back boiler conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everflow09

Hi all. Went to look at a job today and customer has been quoted £2000 for a back boiler combi conversion.
Work requires; removal of back boiler & cylinder, run new gas from meter, fit new boiler in kitchen, pipework conversion and electric etc.

The customer is buying a cheep biasi boiler jobbie ( not great i know).

Does anyone have an idea on a fair price for the work?
The customer has had 1 quote at £3000 with boiler and 1 at £2000 with the customer getting boiler

thanks

Hi. If the back boiler is removed who is doing the making good to fire place?

i did a job with the boss, similar to yours, although we didnt remove the backboiler - we supplied a glowworm b rated boiler - and charged 2k

i would say a very fair price ,also i was talking to a merchant today and he was saying 15mm copper maybe going up by 10p extra per meter

thats plumbs for ya - charge over odds and never got anyhthing in stock when need it!

no this was an independent merchant who has been in business for yonks ,he was giving me the heads up quality service prices etc

Did a similar job this weekend,weighed in scrap cylinder and pipework from job today and made another £97.80....nice
;):)

quoted the job only to find the customer telling me they can get it all done for £650.00 with material etc.
I told the customer to get two hay bales for the horse

walk away from the idiot ,These people make my blood boil sodding time wasters ,I do quotes over the phone and if they agree then i go around and confirm what I am going to do

ive just put a price in today, backboiler out and supply and fit duotec 40he change rad vavles to trvs magnaclean wireless programmer/stat £2600 think ill have to start lookin at my prices again lol

ive just put a price in today, backboiler out and supply and fit duotec 40he change rad vavles to trvs magnaclean wireless programmer/stat £2600 think ill have to start lookin at my prices again lol
Nice to know Iam not too far off.

you have 1100 before you start unless you get them from dougfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back boiler conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock