Discuss Anyone else had a bad day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

lost a job for boiler and central heating install to some undercutting b*gger today. Rang to confirm start date to be informed other plumber on site measuring up. Stayed at home to calm down, so thought I might mow the lawn. Note I have terraced garden , loads of steps. So i was pulling the old mower up the steps, trod on me laces, twisted my knee (old plumbing wound) and fell down the steps and head butted my spiked gate. Well actually tried to eat the gate spike. Then I noticed a white object on the ground, my now missing tooth, however no pain, thought about it and remembered Id had that kicked out years back playing rugby and this was a false "glued in " tooth. So in the end every cloud has a silver lining and Id only knocked out a denture or something like that.

So if it wasnt for the bloody custards Id have been ordering a new boiler and rads but instead Im going to the dentist tommorrow. To top it off the customer's son rang this evening complaining he wanted his gas fire, I installed last week, to have the restrictor gas pipe hidden so he cant see it as per the fire instructions that refer to rear entry pipework for nice modern plasterboard houses, where you can do this, b ut not in his victorian heap. Still, I said I would have a look, but he would be charged for a callout etc and he agreed:) so off I go tomorrow gappy grin and all to recover some of my lost monies from his family, in order to pay the dentist:eek:

Any one else had a good day:rolleyes:

lost a job for boiler and central heating install to some undercutting b*gger today. Rang to confirm start date to be informed other plumber on site measuring up. Stayed at home to calm down, so thought I might mow the lawn. Note I have terraced garden , loads of steps. So i was pulling the old mower up the steps, trod on me laces, twisted my knee (old plumbing wound) and fell down the steps and head butted my spiked gate. Well actually tried to eat the gate spike. Then I noticed a white object on the ground, my now missing tooth, however no pain, thought about it and remembered Id had that kicked out years back playing rugby and this was a false "glued in " tooth. So in the end every cloud has a silver lining and Id only knocked out a denture or something like that.

So if it wasnt for the bloody custards Id have been ordering a new boiler and rads but instead Im going to the dentist tommorrow. To top it off the customer's son rang this evening complaining he wanted his gas fire, I installed last week, to have the restrictor gas pipe hidden so he cant see it as per the fire instructions that refer to rear entry pipework for nice modern plasterboard houses, where you can do this, b ut not in his victorian heap. Still, I said I would have a look, but he would be charged for a callout etc and he agreed:) so off I go tomorrow gappy grin and all to recover some of my lost monies from his family, in order to pay the dentist:eek:

Any one else had a good day:rolleyes:

sorry to hear that mate, you take it easy

i had some blood tests but the doctors missed the post and i had to take them to hospital myself, that cheer u up?

happening to me a lot lately.
had a call at 8pm to nip and fix leak tommorrow. another call at 9pm to cancell.
been like this the last few weeks.
thinks i will get a premium number and get some dosh that way.lol.

sorry to hear that mate, you take it easy

i had some blood tests but the doctors missed the post and i had to take them to hospital myself, that cheer u up?

others misery bound to cheer me up:), cant smile tho herladyship runs out of the room laughing to herself, theres love and support for you!:(

Not sure if you are telling the tooth or not about your bad day
But if you were, sorry to hear your garden is still over grown,presume you did'nt have time to do the lawn
Hope you do not wake up to stiff in the morning,if you do,look on bright side, bet it has been a long time since that happened
Last time I had a bad day was about 20 odd years ago,when I heard boney M broke up,that was like having my teeth knocked out :p

1.gif

Look after yourself 'old plumber',hopefully when you go round to the sons tomorrow and you can talk them round to using you for the heating job after all

Last edited by a moderator:
same thing
one neighbour wanted new boiler said i will get you to fit in april when i have money
pulled into my drive a week ago to see some other git fitting the boiler i recommended 37cdi
next door neighbour got home yesterday someone fitting a 30cdi
i give up

same thing
one neighbour wanted new boiler said i will get you to fit in april when i have money
pulled into my drive a week ago to see some other git fitting the boiler i recommended 37cdi
next door neighbour got home yesterday someone fitting a 30cdi
i give up

should have recommended a 20kW!

going to stop giving out free advice
too many mickey takers out there
if someone wants my advice then they can pay for it fed up with people asking what boiler this what boiler that and whats a good price for this and that and then using info to either do it themselves or to bargain a cheaper price elsewhere

going to stop giving out free advice
too many mickey takers out there
if someone wants my advice then they can pay for it fed up with people asking what boiler this what boiler that and whats a good price for this and that and then using info to either do it themselves or to bargain a cheaper price elsewhere

know exactly what you mean. "can you just pop round" how often do i hear that, what should i do with this or that, what do you recommend?

Spent ages last month doing an estimate for some people for heating and hot water boiler, system and bathroom. Said they were very keen and wanted me to do it, pencilled in a fortnight. I phoned up a couple of days before to check everything was OK and I was about to go and get the equipment. They said they had got someone else to do it. Turns out they had used my specifications for other people to quote against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else had a bad day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock