Discuss Anyone been on the NTPS Training Ltd course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kjw

I'm looking at their distance learning course for the 6129. Seem a genuine lot and more personalised that some of the other companies. Any views/experiences?

I am half way through a 6129 course at NTPS and am really enjoying it (see my other posts on this site). They are really genuine blokes and go out of their way to be as helpful as possible. However, as far as I know they don't do a distance learning course. Although there is a fair amount of theory involved, the majority of the teaching is hands on. For instance, I was soldering joints for the first time in my life within two hours of starting the course - not something you would get with a distance course.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply- glad you're enjoying the course.
I'm going to see Simon tomorrow. As I understand (but will find out for sure tomorrow!) you can do the theory at home but attend their workshops for the practical. They sound a good bunch without any sales pitch!

nyone else got anything good or bad to say bout NTPS, as I am thinking about signing up with them?:confused:

what i liked was they are decent blokes, dead friendly, know what they talking about and you can start straight away for a good cost.

Re my earlier post. After going to see Simon I signed up. Good honest blokes who are genuinely interested in you rather than the money for the course!! Doing distance learning course with workshops and can't wait for my books to arrive!

Just joined this forum, and this is my first post, I qualified as a plumber last year, taking the 3 year full time apprenticeship (not a dig or beginning of a rant) and the guys that run this course were my two tutors for three years at college. They left to start this venture just before I finished my NVQ3. Both are excellent teachers and genuine guys, when they left to set up NTPS the college department went downhill. I've always been meaning to pop over and see how they're doing but its one of those things that you never seem to get round to. I haven't been on the course but can't emphasise just how good they are as teachers and mentors.

told paul and simon about your post and they said call in any time, said you were good student and hope your doing well

Bit of an update.....
I finished my first week with NTPS last week. I signed up for the full time 8 week C&G level 2 6129, and so far very good! I'd done a fair bit of DIY before, but after 1 week i'm soldering (but still improving!), bending pipe and piping in a sink to a plan. I didn't expect to be doing that much after 1 week! Groups are small, but that means you get loads of 1:1 - which normally you would pay extra for:D!! Paul has been tutoring me, he's been patient and given loads of tips of the trade, including what to do when I make a mistake, not just when it goes right!

It is a small local 1 site centre, so you won't see loads of posts on here, but is very good, professional but down to earth.

By comparison before I chose NTPS, I went to visit OLCI Manchester...it was like an episode from 'The Office' I kid you not! I had a meeting with the careers advisor (salesman), usual speel when I asked about a discount...he had to ring his boss etc....But the funniest was when the tutor came in (who seemed ok) to say someone had come in to pay for a short course. The careers advisor, said he'd have to wait, as he would not get any commision for that course, or he could pay via the head office call centre. Seriously! This is where part of your fees go to pay for these support staff.

I chose NTPS, as I know the fees (its cheaper) go to the actual tutors (who own it) not to a head office and so they want you to do well - its their business!

Any way, I hope it continues like this for the remainder of the course - keep you posted.
cheers,

Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone been on the NTPS Training Ltd course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock