Discuss advice (qualifications) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i will re-phrase that in order not to offend there are plenty of cowboys that dont know what an nvq is . Any plumber that knows his trade knows what an nvq is sorry peeps.

Just another quick point the new plumbing qual to replace the 6129 is the 6189 (QCF) the 6129 is being phased out dec 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
emm this i have not heard of do you know whats replacing the 6129 and what the diffrencies are as i will be enrolling within the next month.
Anyhow i will be going ahead regardless surely the 6129 is still a valid qualification allthough the uk seems to be going nvq daft at the moment.:mad::eek:

All NVQ's are going, come Sep 2010 they will be no more. All quals have to be QCF based. They will be called diplomas although some people may still use the term NVQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice (qualifications) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've done the C&G Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I'm currently working as a plumber's mate (part-time). Eventually, I'd like to become Gas...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently passed the ACS Gas Qualifications, joined the Gas Safe register and have passed the initial probation meeting with...
Replies
Views
I
Hello to you all! I am thinking of doing an all intensive course with OLCI so i can become a plumber. So far they are quoting me £5995 which...
Replies
Views
A
Good afternoon All, I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong area! I am wondering if someone can offer me...
Replies
Views
unitedgas
U
R
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site & was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I am a trainee plumber who has done the 6129 level 2 cert...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock