Discuss Advice on fitting an external tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tismyworld

Hi
I am fitting an outside tap next week, my plan is to use a Y piece on the Washing Machine connector and then connect a flexi hose and compression fitting to a backplace with pipe already connected. In theory would this work?
My next question is about sleeveing? Do I need to put a sleeve and if so what would be best to use, thorugh the external wall?
Thanks
Steve

call a plumber, you need a double check valve, means of isolation etc, long term your idea will end in tears and lots of water.

Thanks for advice, I am a pretty competant DIYer, and with so many DIY kits out there, thought the above would work in place of using a self tapping kit.

If you fit it as you suggest you will be breaking the water regs and not only will you be heading the right way for a leak but also a £1000 fine

I have to agree with t'others on this Tismyworld. The water regs are anal about supplies to outside taps due to their potential for back siphonage.
Give a local plumber your buisiness. In the end it could very well SAVE you money.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on fitting an external tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back