Discuss Advice needed. Issues with underfloor heating and hot water system for new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe that's where we disagree, looks like 35mm and 28mm UFH circuits with 22mm towel rail circuit to me. Can't be sure but the hw circuit looks like it could be 28mm as well.

To me when the underfloor and hot water on together
The flow that all them manifolds need and don't forget 6 pumps going and a shunt pump there starving the hot water coil the wY it's plumbed

As has been said a few times if you was to shut down manifolds one at a time eventually you will get the heating and hot water going
But needs re plumbed

I welcome all the input, I am not trying to defend or slate the plumber. I am just trying to get to a working system. I am not wedded to this or any other design.

Yes I paid a lot for the install, wasn't the cheapest quote, but these guys do 6 or 7 houses this size or similar and came recommended.

design was left to them, as it is on most of there jobs.

ripping up floors is not an option, ufh pipes are in.

ripping down ceilings is something I don't really want to do, and without doing this I cannot plumb the manifolds back separately

i am just getting slated at the monument by the wife and kids every time the hot water isn't hot!

put the immersion on, and enjoy christmas.

it will get sorted with the help from this forum

Even with only one manifold going the hot water doe not work with the heating

To me the only way to do this now

1 put in a low loss header and re pipe the boiler room
Separate feeds to the underfloor pipework you have in place
Separate feeds to rad circuit
And separate to cylinder
All with there own pumps there letting them work on there own

Or if you have the room I'd put in a buffer tank
And pipe from buffer

It's hard for you I understand as your the one who gets the grief at home and then listening to advice here I'm the worst for making it sound like I'm just slating the plumber not the best at making posts sound nice and friendly but
I don't blame the boy on site as he probably been told to do it that way
And on a smaller house probably be no problem at all

how many circuits can we divid the system into as it sits without lifting floorboards/causing too much damage

Looks to me 6 manifolds 3flows 3 returns and flow return to rad circuit

Do you have the sheet with the calcs for the underfloor Spec manifold sizes pipe length ect

buffer would be a good idea.
only gas at the minute and in the future you will be looking at more heat sources and buffer ideal for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed. Issues with underfloor heating and hot water system for new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Back