Search the forum,

Discuss Adding another bathroom - do I need to upgrade or can the current system cope? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

binnie

xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
get someone round and quote for the work. Just because something has been in for years doesn't make it right. Personally in your situ I'd sink a 1110 soil pipe fm the new bathroom to outside and at the same time bury a new 110 to take the kitchen waste and existing bathroom waste, then its all up to modern standards for good. So dont botch it, as if your going through building regsfor your ext, which you should, they'll want it done correctly

Hi there binnie and welcome to the forum, the answer is yes you will need to upgrade to comply with regulations but only by having a look at proposed works can it be ascertained how much work needs to be done,
The chances are that the external drainage should be ok however the new bathroom will probably require a new drain to the external along with a vent , or air admittance, all depending on your existing layout , have a look at the building regs Chris put up to give you an idea,

I was going to add my two penneth, bu i'll keep it in my pocket. Looks like op didnt like the answers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding another bathroom - do I need to upgrade or can the current system cope? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have a question about adding a second bathroom to a house. My parents house has one bathroom upstairs and the house is all mains fed the water tank was removed decades ago. They are converting the attic and will have a small bathroom with a toilet, basin and shower cubicle...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock