Search the forum,

Discuss A good combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tibbs

We have a gloworm ultimate at the mo and due to extending the house i think i ll have to swap from a gravity fed system to a combi. Can anyone recommend a good reliable combi? There s so many different makes i would nt know where to start. Thanks in advance.

We have a gloworm ultimate at the mo and due to extending the house i think i ll have to swap from a gravity fed system to a combi. Can anyone recommend a good reliable combi? There s so many different makes i would nt know where to start. Thanks in advance.
realy need more details about the property but as a guide dont fit less than 28 kw id say best on market are vaillant worcester bosch but rehema advanta seem to be emerging as a premium brand and as yet havent aqqueired a premium price

Cheers, the house is a 3 bed detatched but will be adding 2 more rooms upstairs and a fair size room in the loft. Sorry not got sizes. Mt current boiler works fine , will it and the cylinder tank be worth anything to someone?

Is that 5 or 6 bedrooms? How many bathrooms?

I would not recommend a combi for a large house.

Is that 5 or 6 bedrooms? How many bathrooms?

I would not recommend a combi for a large house.
It will be 5 bed and an upstairs lounge plus another rad in the consevatory that does nt have one at the mo.

Have you considered Unvented cylinder?
No , sorry what does this involve? Will it run ok with my existing boiler which is about 50,000 Btu`s?

Last edited by a moderator:
how many bathrooms and how may will be running at same time. people go on about the heating, majority of combis will handle the heating side but the flow rate you may struggle depending on hot water outlets being used at same time showers/running batrhs etc.

worcestor are my personal fave. anything from a 42 cdi to a 30si would be suffice for your house depending on the hot water needed.

Viessmann every time for me,better boiler than Vaillant,cheaper and if fitted by accredited installer(such as myself)full 5 year parts and labour guarantee.
Rolls Royce IMHO and I'm Vaillant and WB approved BTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Viessmann every time for me,better boiler than Vaillant,cheaper and if fitted by accredited installer(such as myself)full 5 year parts and labour guarantee.
Rolls Royce IMHO and I'm Vaillant and WB approved BTW!
probably not after they read this

i would check viessmans aftersales service and "technical" helpline before you consider one of them. they are good boilers when they work, but just ring them yourself and see how long it takes to get through. almost as long as vaillaint id imagine. mind you i waited 6 hours for clyde combustion to ring me back today.
was told the price of the overheat stats was 90 quid each. when technician rang me to confirm this i was told "its cos they are auto reset stats" well thats great seeing as they interupt thermocouple voltage and kill pilot light. stat resets but who gets to relight pilot light?? needless to say - another boiler type we will rip out and replace with remeha who at least have the decency to apologise for boiler failures, answer the phone within 30 seconds and dont charge the earth for spares.
broagg for prime minister IMVHO.

Would a vented cylinder work well enough? We will have 1 bath, 2 showers( 1 which is electric ) 5 sinks. Will my boiler cope just by swapping to a mains pressure cylinder?

not sure wha tis best for you

but i would not have a a combi for that number of rooms/draw of points.

get someone (or more to take a look)

let us know what happens

what does your post either mean or infer?drunk maybe?

Hmm i wondered the same, maybe to do with being approved by W.B then recommending viessmanns:rolleyes:

I too will have to recommend viessmann, But Iv never had to deal with there afterservice team or replace anyparts. But they are a bit cheaper and the integrated weather compensation works well, when the external stat is bought. Not only that viessmann dont waste their money on sticking books through my door like W.B do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A good combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock