Discuss A couple of questions about heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me?

I don't generally do a huge amount of central heating repairs but i've been to look at a job today for a landlord I do a fair bit of work for.
He has a leaking pump valve, pump is on it's way out as well and want's a radiator replaced, all fairly simple so far. Here's the bit that's confusing me... he's got an unvented cylinder (not confused by that just giving you as much infoas possible) and what appears to be a sealed heating system (no header tank) but there doesn't seem to be any way of refilling or topping up the system nor is there an expansion vessel or pressure guage.

What is going on there?

Next question is... I have a leaking pump on a ferroli modena 80 combi boiler. Just seems to be leaking from the upper seal. Is it possible to buy just the seals? Everywhere I've looked online just wants to sell me the whole pump assembly for about £125!!!

Thanks in advance, Adam

It's def unvented then? No tanks at all in the loft? Sometimes header tanks can be hidden in bedroom cupboards etc.

If there is just one large tank in the loft that suggests vented and primatic.

Without knowing GC number, can't say for sure but the part you want is this I think:

"O" Ring Pump Assembly
Parts center

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I went up into the loft as my first port of call and there was no water tank up there. When I spoke to the owner they said they had a plumber come out before and he was surprised there was no pressure gauge etc.

I 'll have to pop back down there and have more of a root around to see what I can find.

Thanks for the part number as well i'll have a look in a mo.

have look in the attic where the tank was, some folks connect robo kit up there as its easy to use the old pipework

there has to be a filling loop and expansion vessel or a headertank. ive worked in flats before where thevessel and loop are out side the flat ina cupoardin the hallway!

have look in the attic where the tank was, some folks connect robo kit up there as its easy to use the old pipework

Will have another look up there, it was pretty full with the normal junk you find in lofts :rolleyes:

there has to be a filling loop and expansion vessel or a headertank. ive worked in flats before where thevessel and loop are out side the flat ina cupoardin the hallway!

Will definitely have a good look round to see if i can find it, it's got to be there somewhere!!!!!

could be an old servowarm system where they used to have what looked like a plant pot on the wall in one of the bedrooms.

If the ferroli you are refering to is a Modena then the o-ring part no. You need is 39807230. I must say though I have changed this seal before and it's not a quickie job. If your not very savvy with stripping&rebuilding combis then I'd get a repair eng to fix it.

Im new to the forum folks, so hello to all

if its a ferroli always best to get some other poor sod to fix it, especially on a friday afternoon, if you want to get a weekend at home lol

in regards to the ferrolli repair is it the aav leaking?if it is you can only buy a pump complete but i think abkot uk have just launched a replacement aav try Printed Circuit Board | Circulating Pumps | Diaphragms | Thermostats | Fuses or 01628 636099 ask about the aav or a pump part num.pu850 is£93.90 plus vat and delivery very dear:mad::mad::mad:

if its a ferroli always best to get some other poor sod to fix it, especially on a friday afternoon, if you want to get a weekend at home lol

or bin it and fit a performa,or remaha etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A couple of questions about heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock