Discuss 3 port motorised valve wiring question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The other possibility is is the programmer is set up correctly but there’s a problem with cylinder stat or call from cylinder stat stat to boiler live, maybe a lose wire? Yes CBW this really needs a competent engineer as there’s only so much we can do from a screen on a phone or computer lol
Thanks everyone.
I will try and make explaining a little simpler.
Before I fitted the new Valve head,when sliding the CH on it would not fire the boiler up so I had to slide the HW along to ignite the boiler.
Now after changing the valve head.
I slide the HW to on and it does not fire the boiler the same as it used to.I then slide the CH switch along and it fires the boiler.
This is what makes me think the problem is with the valve wiring as I have not touched the programmer,
Cheers Dal

Thanks everyone.
I will try and make explaining a little simpler.
Before I fitted the new Valve head,when sliding the CH on it would not fire the boiler up so I had to slide the HW along to ignite the boiler.
Now after changing the valve head.
I slide the HW to on and it does not fire the boiler the same as it used to.I then slide the CH switch along and it fires the boiler.
This is what makes me think the problem is with the valve wiring as I have not touched the programmer,
Cheers Dal

Ok Dal, let’s try and break this down: at any point were you able to have separate heating, separate hot water or both (mid position)? Obviously you have a wiring fault,but could have always been like that including the programmer. If you are like me and stubborn until it’s fixed then providing you can work safely maybe check this out:

Y Plan central heating system

Ok Dal, let’s try and break this down: at any point were you able to have separate heating, separate hot water or both (mid position)? Obviously you have a wiring fault,but could have always been like that including the programmer. If you are like me and stubborn until it’s fixed then providing you can work safely maybe check this out:

Thanks CBW.I could have seperate water,but when ever I put the heat on the water would have to be on to start the boiler.

I’m not familiar with these corgi branded valves unfortunately. I was under the impression that the levers are for system filling and not a switch to bring on boiler? As CBW has linked, check that out. Also like he said have you ever had independent control?
In the wiring centre how many wires are in the connector with the orange boiler live?

I’m not familiar with these corgi branded valves unfortunately. I was under the impression that the levers are for system filling and not a switch to bring on boiler? As CBW has linked, check that out. Also like he said have you ever had independent control?
In the wiring centre how many wires are in the connector with the orange boiler live?
Thanks SJB.I am going to have a good look at the wiring and report back to you all with what I find.
Thsnk you all for your time.Much appreciated.

Thanks CBW.I will have a good look at the wiring and report back to you.Much appreciated for your time.
Dal

Let us know what you find. I’m a bit busy for a an hour or so now but CBW and the others who commented can help. Before I go for now you say the old valve wouldn’t give CH without HW, that sounds like the second switch had packed up (assuming it’s the same principle inside as a Honeywell).

Let us know what you find. I’m a bit busy for a an hour or so now but CBW and the others who commented can help. Before I go for now you say the old valve wouldn’t give CH without HW, that sounds like the second switch had packed up (assuming it’s the same principle inside as a Honeywell).

I think someone quoted earlier that they are similar to Honeywell.

Dal, did you try the link I sent earlier regarding the Corgi valve? https://www.banicocontrols.com/uploads/media/instruction_954311.pdf

Either way, let us know how you get on. Ciao for now.

If you decide to try different wiring combinations in your connector box make sure your programmer is independently fused with a 3amp fuse! I incorrectly wired a replacement three way valve and fried mine because it had a 13amp fuse.

Reply to 3 port motorised valve wiring question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock