Discuss 2 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason.S

Morning all,

I have a standard CH/HW system with 2 x 2 port valves for HW & CH.

Now, the valve for the HW seems to be stuck in the open position, as when the programmer has everything switched off, the pump continues to run and occasionally the boiler will fire up, again, when everything is off.

I have changed the sync motor which hasnt made one bit of difference, however, when i manually operate the valve it opens and closes no problem but has no effect on the "switching" side of things.

Am i to assume the valve has a separate micro switch inside?

If thats the case, im assuming the whole valve now needs changing?

Hope all that makes some kind of sense to you guys!

Any help much appreciated!

J

Yes they do have micro switches or at least some of them do.

You can sometimes buy a spare micro switch from Maplins or one of them if you can get the type. Its on a little pcb inside the head. Failing that its a new complete actuator which is nearly the same price as a new valve.

That is if you feel okay doing it and know all the electrical safety procedures to observe.

micro switch is connected between the grey and orange wires which may be helpfull if you want to test it

micro switch is connected between the grey and orange wires which may be helpfull if you want to test it
also some have a white wire for for power when valve is closed ie 2 way micro switch this is the most common wiring set up for sprung return valves such as honywell tower etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock