Discuss 1"1/2 Solvent Weld stopcock ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jetco

Hello there ladies and gents,

Been called out today to a problem in a fish and chip shop on a large industrial tank that holds peeled potatoes.

The waste is low to the floor , and is threaded to take an 1"1/2 trap which is fine ... the problem I have now is that previously fitted was a completely bodged 1"1/2 Effast balvalve stopcock with dodgy reducers to allow it to to fit onto 1"1/2 solv weld pipe.

Naturally this isnt working so Iv been scratching my head figuring out a solution.

They need some sort of stopcock incorperated onto the 1"1/2 solvent weld pipe that would allow the tank to be filled and easily drained with the lever.

I have rang Effast and they have stated that their parts now wont work with solvent weld pipe of any size , so I am left wondering how to overcome this situation.

They cant have a plug of some sorts as when the tank is full of water its also full of potatoes , so it needs to be in the waste work somewhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

thank you in advance

Jetco

Google search was a nightmare mate , probably could have got something from a swimming pool or maybe even a hot tub type of manufacturer , but this has done the job , customer is happy , moneys in the bank , happy days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1"1/2 Solvent Weld stopcock ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently DIYing my bathroom and have a soil stack with 3 waste pipes bossed into it (bath, basin and bidet) - all waste is currently...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock