Search the forum,

Discuss Working for bg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have heard a few people mention the sub contract to BG, how exactly does this work?

Surely they wont et you use your own sign written van?

Also des anyone know what the rates are like?

Rates seem to vary. I have seen subbies for BG in their own sign written vans as well.

How would that work, did you have to pick up a van for 2 days a week from them or something?

Do you think the rates are good enough to use full time employee to do the subbing?

How would that work, did you have to pick up a van for 2 days a week from them or something?

Do you think the rates are good enough to use full time employee to do the subbing?

Forget trying to sub work from BG then out again, in effect you are just becoming another middle man and want to take a slice of the pie before the poor guy fitting the boiler gets fed, and these days the pie just ain't big enough, you will be lucky to make any money yourself without thinking you can take money and pay someone else,

I have heard a few people mention the sub contract to BG, how exactly does this work?

Surely they wont et you use your own sign written van?

Also des anyone know what the rates are like?

ph jones is the middle man,i sent off for some info the paper work they sent me via an agency is a bit crippling

I did some service/breakdown subbing to PH Jones at the end of 2012.
I enjoyed working for them and the money wasn't bad.

The downside is that BG own Jones and and told them to dump the contractors a few days before christmas.

Make of that what you will.

I know someone who used to sub full time to BG and used his own van with his sign writing on. It didn't seem to bother them.

a do bit contracting for bg and enjoy it ÂŁ is ok and all direct labour engineers have always been fine to me as well as the managers etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working for bg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock