Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 28cdi Ignition Lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

creature

Hi,
My current problem is Ignition Lockout on heating - but not on hot water. The boiler is a worcester Bosch 28cdi. The history follows...

We had a problem with the hot water not initiating the boiler, which got steadily worse, to the point where we had to run several taps to get it to initiate to eventually no amount of flow would do so. So we paid for a new inverter valve to be fitted. This seemed to work fine for a day, then became intermittent - running taps wouldn't initiate the boiler.

The fitter returned and discovered the thermistor was loose for the hot water so tightened the bracket/clip, and that only worked intermittently so he then fitted another thermistor from his box - of admittedly unknown origin, and that has since worked intermittently. He had suggested that if it stopped working I should get a new thermistor and fit it myself.

Meanwhile the intermittency of the burner firing changed to be also for the heating - the burner tries to fire repeatedly and fails and we get the flashing light. Today I have fitted a new thermistor, and now the hot water will initiate but the heating won't.

The hot water initiates the boiler every time I’ve tried and while the tap’s still running I can then put the heating on, but when I try and switch the heating on from scratch it goes through the click, whirr process repeatedly without the oomph of the boiler firing. click, whirr, stop, click, whirr, stop....and the led flashes slowly

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Ever been serviced, sound like it might need one, by a different fella hopefully better.

Sorry to say this but we cant give detailed info on what is an internal boiler problem for obvious reasons..i suggest you call somebody else up..good luck

Sorry to say this but we cant give detailed info on what is an internal boiler problem for obvious reasons..i suggest you call somebody else up..good luck

erm...the reasons aren't obvious to me I'm afraid. I'm looking for a steer towards what the problem might be, because all 3 professionals who have dealt with it so far have left us with a boiler that doesn't work and no clue what the problem might be. Any help would be much appreciated. Anyone else?
Thanks
Tom

I'd say get another engineer, get the thermistor swapped to a manufacturer and let them sort it.

Try posting up on here chances are somebody will be able to help you and there are some very knowledgable lads on here.

I'd say get another engineer, get the thermistor swapped to a manufacturer and let them sort it.

Try posting up on here chances are somebody will be able to help you and there are some very knowledgable lads on here.

Thanks Millsy, The Thermistor has been swapped to a new manufacturer's one - which sorted the hot water problem, but now the heating won't fire.

If you first run the hot tap the boiler will fire then the heating will run too, but as soon as you switch the hot tap off, the burner stops, and ignition lockout light flashes.

So to be clear:
  • Burner fires for hot water demand
  • Burner won't fire for heating demand - ignition lockout light
  • heating will run as long as hot water is on - stops when hot water off

Any clues would be useful.
Thanks

We can't give clues as to what the problem might be, because some people (not saying your one of them) will think "how hard can it be?" And have a go at a DIY gas repair.

I understand some engineers say they can repair your boiler but are then stumped. This is why we have a section called "Looking for an Engineer". All the lads on this forum are good at their jobs and will do their utmost to fix your boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 28cdi Ignition Lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock