Discuss Worcester 37CDi Combi EA Error code and reset required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi,
I fitted this boiler about 2 months ago. Tested and commisioned ok. Been fine on DHW only, until last few days when customer wanted heat on. Been cutting out after 5-10 mins and EA error code, and they reset it a few times. I went along today to have a look. There was a bit of air in the sytem, so I bled all the rads a few times and ran the boiler on heating. It ran for about 1 1/2 hours ok, kept checking rads in case any more air was working its way around the system, thermostat temperature not met, but running fine, customer happy. Just packing up ready to go.....and boiler goes to EA fault! great! re-set, revented rads, but fine, boiler now only ran for about 20 mins before error code and shut down.

I'm feeling a bit thick - Anyone had this before?! I've got the service manual, but it seems wierd its been working fine on DHW all this time - thats why I suspected the primary sytem air.

I have been recomending Worcesters recently - especially with the 5 year warranty - but not sure now!

Cheers, Mark

does EA not relate to gas pressures/flame? what the gas supply like? had a new meter fitted? have you put your analyser on it?

if your side is ok, phone worcester and ask advise then arrange a warrantee call if needed.

Last edited:
EA is flame failure/not detected. My first suspicion would be Donkin governor on the meter gone pear shaped or condense blockage.

Hi AWHeating - I went back and treated it like a breakdown - checked pressure, FGA, pump, fan, all electrical connections, made sure there were no air locks etc. I 'tweaked' two things , firstly (and probably irrelevent) the leads to the ignitions electrodes were slightly loose - so pushed these on firmly. Next checked the condensate trap - bit of gunk in there, but not too bad, then checked flexi from trap to condensate pipework and noticed it had a kink in it! Straightened it out, reconected everything and it worked great - sounded healthyer as well. No problems since. I hadn't checked the condensate initially as it hadn't been in long. So not a condensate blockage as such, but effectivly that was it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 37CDi Combi EA Error code and reset required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
My baxi boiler keeps showing error code E133 we reset it and it comes back on; this only seems to happen late afternoon early evening, it can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock