Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes 1.5bar twin impeller shower pump problems!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diy john

Help!!
I have just replaced a worn out shower pump with an equivalent spec pump: Wickes 1.5bar twin impeller, in a conventional gravity fed hot water system.
I thought it would be a straightforward swap, but having been through all listed trouble shooting tips and checked for air locks, correct connections, debris in filters etc I can not find the reason why the water that now comes out from the attached shower is fluctuating in temperature. The pressure is good and maintained and the pump is activating and can be heard running as normal. Help!!!

This may be a problem linked to your shower valve

If you have a thermostatic shower. There is a possibility you could of got some debris in valve while changing the pump over

If the water pressure and the flow is being maintained, then it must be the shower itself. You should strip it down, remove the filters and give it a good clean out. If you have access to another shower, try this in place of the original and if it works ok, there is your answer.

did the original pump work ok? did you ask if there was any problems with the pump before it broke down? (if not, are the pipes are the right angle to stop air getting into the system?)

Hi all, sorry have not had time to check your replies till now, but thanks for getting back to me s quickly.
The old pump had been in use for about 6 years and had developed a leak and become quite noisy, otherwise was doing its job.
The shower is part of a tap/mixer tap assembly without a thermostatic valve so not sure what i need to check.
The pipework to the pump are as before, so again, not sure what is meant by right angles to stop air getting in, can you explain?

thanks again

No. the feed to the pump and the hot water cylinder is from the cold water tank in the loft

just making sure you bought the right pumphave your stripped the pipework to the pump to make sure no dirt has been pulled from the tank

Sounds very much like crud in the cartridge as a pump cannot be the cause of fluctuating temps.

sounds like this pump feeds a bath shower mixer so no stat problems i would think you have a problem with one of the supplies either airlocked or partialy blocked what happens if you run just ho t or just cold ?

Tell somebody to stop opening the hot tap downstairs when you're in the shower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wickes 1.5bar twin impeller shower pump problems!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock