Search the forum,

Discuss who manufactures bathstore sinks and toilets?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tris101

Hi Guys,

I need some help the wife has been into the bathstore and likes a sink and toilet. I want to know if you can tell me who manufactures them, the bathstore informs me they manufacture their own products, I find this hard to believe I would think the are just unbranded goods.

The wife really likes the style of the parts but I would rather not buy from the bathstore, as they seem overpriced.

The parts she likes are below:

MyTime close coupled WC with soft close seat

LARGE.jpg

Pure one piece basin and pedestal

LARGE.jpg

(sorry new here so I can not post links)

Many thanks all, I have been searching the net and not found anything yet but hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy them direct from che tingt wat.

No but, probably chineses :)

dont know where they are from, romania?

or go to local sunday market there may be some there?

I have read some reviews of te bathstore which where shall we say less than glowing...

This was why I hoped to trace the manufature to see if they were good or not. The wife would be happy with anything that looked simlar from a diffrant make if you could surgest one.

I have added pics to 1st post. I have looked at plumbcenter as they used to be linked to the bathstore but they dont have anything that looks the same.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly all sanitary goods is made in China or U.A.E, some even use the combination of both. I know the manufacture "Rak" get there bog seats from U.A.E and the pans from Italy. Figure that one out!

buy cheap and its twice as hard to install and can give problems later, but if you want cheap there are loads online,

Victoria plumb is one, bathrooms.com is another.

buy cheap and its twice as hard to install and can give problems later, but if you want cheap there are loads online,

Victoria plumb is one, bathrooms.com is another.

Jase.....dead right about cheap stuff being hard to install.....nothing fits and parts missing !!!!

From Bathstore website;

We work with some of the top European designers to make our bathrooms beautiful and offer a number of ranges exclusive to Bathstore. Then we work directly with global manufacturers to make them affordable.

They can't be overpriced if their products aren't available elsewhere.

Great bit of marketing speak which actually says nothing; apart from the implied "Made in China".

I could state legitimately state on our website that we are a global installer...

The wife realy like the look of the sink and loo, I dont want to buy from bathstore I would much rather buy branded from and local shop or plumb center, but I can not find anything thats looks the same. So do you guys know anyone who sells simlaure looking stuff?

I think the bathstore prices are far from cheap, sink is £500 and loo is £315. So I guess this is mid range stuff or over priced tat, it did not look too bad in the shop but I'm no plumber.

I fitted one of those toilets or what looks very similar, I think the customer got the suite from Dale bathrooms.

The wife realy like the look of the sink and loo, I dont want to buy from bathstore I would much rather buy branded from and local shop or plumb center, but I can not find anything thats looks the same. So do you guys know anyone who sells simlaure looking stuff?

I think the bathstore prices are far from cheap, sink is £500 and loo is £315. So I guess this is mid range stuff or over priced tat, it did not look too bad in the shop but I'm no plumber.

World of baths website have two basin at 399

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all I will have look at the websites and see if any match.

Any other that might be worth a look and close match

BHL are plumb centre I think!! not sure

Wolseley group did own the bathstore but sold it this year to Endless LLP.

I have been looking for a week and have not come across the makers of either the loo or the sink :( so if the wife cant be talk around it looks like I will be buying from the bathstore :(

more surgestions of manufatures to check very welcome, thanks all for your help.

Was the fit ok? any issues? I will have a look at Dale

Fit was fine, there are a few pics in the En suite photos Manchester Gas | Facebook

I know I need to get a better camera and get some more pics up...

I've fitted that Bathstore toilet in the pic, flush valve let by and ran into pan so they got another sent and that was the same.

I thought no problems I'll just put a Fluidmaster in but the hole in the cistern lid is too big for standard size button!

I've fitted that Bathstore toilet in the pic, flush valve let by and ran into pan so they got another sent and that was the same.

I thought no problems I'll just put a Fluidmaster in but the hole in the cistern lid is too big for standard size button!

That does not sound good, hope you got it sorted.. I'm still trying to find alterantives and have pile of books, but so far still drawing a blank.

I don't think it was ever sorted but I've been back since and done other jobs and it seems to have righted itself, at least for now.

That basin looks a right faff, don't forget the more stylish something looks the harder it is to fit and fix.
There is the odd exception though to be fair.

Ideal Standard, Armitage Shanks, Shires, Trent and Caradon which is also Twyfords and Royal Doulton are the usual British stuff plus. They make all kinds. Then you can get reproduction sanitary ware made by the likes of BC Sanitan, Taps Etc, Shaws of Darwin, The Imperial Bathroom Company, Heritage Bathrooms, The Albion Bath Co Ltd, Lefroy-Brooks Ltd, Thomas Crapper and Company Limited. Which is best? No idea. The first couple have been around for years and years and so one assumes they make good stuff. And the products of theirs I have used have always usually been good.

The luxury stuff made by the other companies I am not sure about, having mostly been an employed plumber and just fitted the stuff I did not ask where it was from. Incidentally B and Q stuff can be British made and good quality as well as some difficult and weak stuff they sell.

If I wanted fit and forget stuff then I would probably choose Armitage Shanks but then I am oldish and practicality rules rather than looks. If it is the ladies choice the first group of companies still do a good range of nice stuff, which I am sure the others do as well. It depends what you like.

Why don't you take the bathstore catalogue to your local independent and ask what they can find that looks similar? You'll probably get a decent quality product at a fair price, and fed a local trader rather than a faceless conglomerate.

anybody heard that bathstore is going bust? somebody told me today and wanted to check

All stuff I've used from Bathstore has said product of UAE which stands for useless and expensive. A basin I fitted was 1/2inch taller at one side and looked like I was on the pop when I fitted it

man up sort the mrs out tell her shes not boss......got to go now mrs is calling me LOL

I shall consult my brochures & see if I can find the details of that sink & loo for you. A lot of places get a high end looking item and then get a cheap copy mass produced as others have said, however the prices you have given ain't that cheap! I will see what I can find, the basin does look vaguely familiar!!

Beware of the toilets - some of them have sloping backs to the pans and unless you sit right at the front of the pan you end up pebble dashing them and leaving skid marks on them all the time. The flush does not clear the soiling so you need to keep using the bog brush on them. some TC branded toilets are really bad for this.

Just to confirm Bathstore do indeed manufacture a lot of there own product and make massive margins, hence the permanent 50% sale...They used to sell a lot of Phoenix product as did Vicky Plumb but now have their own factories. They're not the only manufacturer though to import from China or Turkey and though these 2 examples are flogging the cheap product at high prices it isn't all bad. Remember your iPhone also comes from China.

One of my customers got a Bath Store toilet pan – the pan ceramic outlet was out of shape!!! Back to the store. Came to fit the sit – both brackets are the same (should be one of each)! Back to the store. The latest one – bath waste was not to the BS! A local BS trap would not fit! It was good 4 mms out! In the bin!!! Got BS waste. What can I say?!

I shall consult my brochures & see if I can find the details of that sink & loo for you. A lot of places get a high end looking item and then get a cheap copy mass produced as others have said, however the prices you have given ain't that cheap! I will see what I can find, the basin does look vaguely familiar!!

Any lucky finding anything simlaure I have looked at most manufature and found nothing.

many thanks to all have taken the time the reply the info has been all very helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to who manufactures bathstore sinks and toilets?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock