Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss who does what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bungditin

Currently doing a major bathroom change and client is now having mermaid enclosure boarding on three sides having changed there mind.A tiler is also there who presumed he was tiling the enclosure.He won't fit the panelling and says it should be the plumber who fits that and i say it's the person who is covering the walls that does it,who do you think should do it.

I do mermaid boarding, but it is proberbly a joiner/carpenter job

If I was in that position I'd take the customer into a quiet corner and ask if they wanted me to do the whole thing.

Thing is three sides to enclosure and the walls are out and have hot and cold tails sticking out of wall for valve so one balls up on a panel at £105 a sheet is no good.expected tiler doing it tomorrow but just found out he's not so another visit is on the cards and it's not local.

I use Multipanel from PTS

[DLMURL]http://www.multipanel.co.uk/multiPanel/multipanelthelux.asp[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Best get a joiner to fit it or if you are good at cutting, do it yourself. It is nor hard to do. Measure twice cut once.

"Measure twice cut once."

That's funny - I cut it twice and it's still short ...

It is worse if you ever work with an old guy who uses a footrule. 2m 3 and an eighth is easy enough to understand but 2m 20 usually gets your rse kicked for being stupid:D

i have one to do tomorrow however i am also a good joiner/fixer.
the tiler is in today doing the floor and wall minus shower and i must say i dont know why it is me that is fixing it as one mistake all the same is costly.
nothing a good inch bead of silicone will cover though.lol.

A good plumber can put his had to most trades and do a good job, its the advantage of being in the master trade

did some cubial work the other week, does the job

securedownload[8].jpg

and some fancy striped paint work, free hand, no cheating ,taping up

some nice joinery work in a disable w/c the other day

securedownload[3].jpg

customer finds a lot easier to use

bit of metal and re cycle works

securedownload[7].jpg

plastic work is second nature

securedownload[3] (2).jpg

bit of stone masonry

securedownload[5].jpg

Joinery and plumbing skills combined, taps with flexi hoses, with hot and cold labelling
securedownload[2].jpg

Few £105 panel sheets........get in there

:):)

That made me laugh. There is always somewhere you can put your skills to test.:D

Yes its a joiners job - if the customer changed their mind, then they should get someone to fit it anyhow.

Were they trying to get you to fit it for free was they?

I would not touch it mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to who does what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock