Discuss Where is the water going Condenser/dryer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geminineil

Hi,

Not sure that this is 'plumbing' or not but not sure where else to ask....

We have a Zanussi condenser/dryer and it has had fits and starts about drying for a few weeks.... but now seems to be drying.. BUT... the water isn't going to the 'water tank' where it usually goes - ie the water tank that needs emptying.

The question is... is it possible for this water to physically go anywhere else in a tumble dryer other than the water tank? ie could the water vapour end up within the electrics of the machine?

we placed a very wet towel in the dryer and there was no water appeared in the water tank afterwards...

Any suggestions? (apart from buying a new tumble dryer)

I have only fitted a few of these so speaking from a very inexperienced perspective are you 100% positive that there isn't a drain pipe plumbed in somewhere? Perhaps to a spigot under the sink?

Then I am out of ideas I'm afraid. It could be just to it could be that your dryer is heating up to much and evaporating the water. I know condensing dryers aren't cheap though so it might be worth contacting the manufacturer first

Thanks... but I wonder that IF it is evaporating too much where would the water be going?

There's also a small black relief pipe on the rear of them check its not spilling from there

need to have a further look... I can't envisage that the water would get into the electrics of the dryer.. but just need to double check..

Do you have steamy windows when you use it.
I know its not that time of year, but its an indication it is evaporating and venting to atmosphere.
Unless you really need a condenser, i.e in a flat or not near an outside wall i wouldnt have one.

Very inefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where is the water going Condenser/dryer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock