Discuss Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I've done alright out of it.

Yell? Honestly?

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Friend of mine tried yell was given all the patter plumbers are the most searched item on yell, you'll get at least 1 call a day etc 3k later 2 months down the line not so much as a prank call!

Must depend on where you are. It's the only form of advertising I do, and it really has worked.

I live in an area which is cheap to advertise in, but has a decent reach. I decided to add listings in 2 other cheap areas this year (low population but wealthy) and I've had lucrative jobs from both now.

If I was to advertise in Leeds I think it would cost about £8/900 for a medium weight listing, but there's too much competition there.

Who do you get to deliver the flyers

Those spotty scroats you keep in the van. Add two cans of red bull and crisps and your away. They do 30 - 100 houses either side of an install. If one flyer even gets within 5000m of a bin they are sacked and walk home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logo design gaurantee are very cheap to design flyers, i£39.99 and you can change it as much times as you want b4 they send the final product, they designed a logo for me aswell , i thought they were brilliant although ive never printed the flyers off yet http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/images/attach/jpg.gif Heres mine

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock