Search the forum,

Discuss Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul - PDS

Gas Engineer
Just a nosey thread to see where we all get our work from!

I personally just rely on the website although it's not brilliant so looking for more ideas..

fire away!

Website,Van, Edinburgh evening news, community magazines... think that's about it.... possibly facebook :)

Gumtree, website, local parish mags (old folks read them), facebook, netmums and few other forums

Got my name on a t shirt, but that's about it keep meaning to hit it hard but I'm fairly busy so fear advertising might drown me

Yell.com , local shop and my website. If I fancy a walk I put out my postcards.

Yep. I've done alright out of it.

Yell? Honestly?

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Yell costs me about £150 a year. I make my money back in the first week generally. Just finished a £2300 job that came from an extra yell listing I placed in a nice village that cost £130.

Friend of mine tried yell was given all the patter plumbers are the most searched item on yell, you'll get at least 1 call a day etc 3k later 2 months down the line not so much as a prank call!

Must depend on where you are. It's the only form of advertising I do, and it really has worked.

I live in an area which is cheap to advertise in, but has a decent reach. I decided to add listings in 2 other cheap areas this year (low population but wealthy) and I've had lucrative jobs from both now.

If I was to advertise in Leeds I think it would cost about £8/900 for a medium weight listing, but there's too much competition there.

Who do you get to deliver the flyers

Those spotty scroats you keep in the van. Add two cans of red bull and crisps and your away. They do 30 - 100 houses either side of an install. If one flyer even gets within 5000m of a bin they are sacked and walk home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logo design gaurantee are very cheap to design flyers, i£39.99 and you can change it as much times as you want b4 they send the final product, they designed a logo for me aswell , i thought they were brilliant although ive never printed the flyers off yet http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/images/attach/jpg.gif Heres mine

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
Soz dina mean to stick flyer on i tried to put a link to it on, but that company send as much proof as till your happy,,,,

Yeh similar name eh

Lord Farquad rob

We have own design PDF and send it to who ever is cheapest last batch were printed on vinyl to make then stand out. Don't spend more than a penny or two a flyer

Anyone ever stuck up an advert on a road side board? Any ideas how much? Looked at jc decaux web sites and the like but no pricing. I fell out with a letting agent a while back for trebling my costs and passing it on then a landlord complained and they said it was my cost not theirs and I got bombarded with calls from the landlord over it. Soon put him right!

Was thinking of slapping an advert up On the board opposite their office advertising landlord certs with combined service for £x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do you advertise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock