Search the forum,

Discuss what you think of this website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Hi fellow pipe pirates

As many of you know im just setting out on my journey into the unknown, can you give me 2 mins of your time to check my website out and give me your opinions?

its an on going project and things still need adding and deleteing but your thoughts would be great

TH Plumbers Bridlington

have a gander thanks all

Thats an absolute cracker andy , well impressed mate, who did the site for you ?

Id make the heading ( company name ) bigger if it were me ,,,

Thats an absolute cracker andy , well impressed mate, who did the site for you ?

mate from school, hes on about going into it full time, altogether this site has cost me £300, that inclused building hosting, also 500 business cards and tones of other help, not sure bout price but im happy

I`d change the / between plumbers / fitters to something like bathroom fitters or tilers.

Main paragraph above photos, the first part you read

I like the website very well put together, easy enough to navigate. You need a gallery of works completed but I'm sure that'll come in time ;-)
Well done.

Looks good, but I would put the rates you charge on.

as a side note I had a web site for 18 months. Made sure ( and paid ) for it to be high up n google.
I had 16 emails in 18 months, all but 2 were from other companies wanting to sell he something!

as a side note I had a web site for 18 months. Made sure ( and paid ) for it to be high up n google.
I had 16 emails in 18 months, all but 2 were from other companies wanting to sell he something!

been live for 4 days had 7 inquires, and i havnt payed for adwords yet, guy who designed it is amazed im coming up on first page of google searches already :)

Are these your fits or library pictures? I guess they are not your own fits I would only ever use my own fits on any advertising this is my own personal opinion but the site looks great all the best bud..brum

note fm me, if your T & H Plumbing, make sure your title on the first page is in capitals as well, looks better to the grammar writing nerds like me. Nice site though, make sure its your ugly mug in all the photos as well, dont use stock pictures, not saying you have, but I giggle at a few sites I have seen using the same pics as the web maker used the same pics

Are these your fits or library pictures? I guess they are not your own fits I would only ever use my own fits on any advertising this is my own personal opinion but the site looks great all the best bud..brum

there stock pics but i can assure you over time they will change to my own work, not realy had much oppertunity to add my own pictures yet

note fm me, if your T & H Plumbing, make sure your title on the first page is in capitals as well, looks better to the grammar writing nerds like me. Nice site though, make sure its your ugly mug in all the photos as well, dont use stock pictures, not saying you have, but I giggle at a few sites I have seen using the same pics as the web maker used the same pics

oh i had a right carry on with the lad who helped me design it, i know the pictures should be my own work but being a fairly new business having plenty of my own pics is not possible but going forward my own pictures will replace whats on the site also will be adding a gallery :) wasnt cheap buying stock pics either lol

I disagree why let your competition know your rates??..brum

Very nice mate, I would however as already mentioned ditch any association with Facebook.

Add a blog
Stock picks = wouldnt worry.......99% of all web is theft and smoke and mirrors anyway. But having said that i have a load of images to go up when mines readyish

Edit - just seen a blog link

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice mate, I would however as already mentioned ditch any association with Facebook.

Why is that?

I use my Facebook so people can look at my work as I put photos up of most the work I do. It's quicker and easier to put photos up on Facebook than it is on a website.

Facebook is good but keep it in more impersonal. Putting things like "got jobs to squeeze in oh the joys" would be very off putting for me IMO.
Also get the landline number on there aswell

I'd simply change it to installers.

Nice site, hope it brings you additional work (if you need it!!!)

Installers. Thats the word I`d use as well, was halfway out of the door last night and couldn`t think of it in the rush.

Why is that?

I use my Facebook so people can look at my work as I put photos up of most the work I do. It's quicker and easier to put photos up on Facebook than it is on a website.
I personally don't rate Facebook for professional services. Also you get a lot of faceless d heads posting shyte and trolling. My view only.

+1. We have a page on there but don't get much work from it and the leads we do get are pretty poor quality.

Some good feedback

Girlfriend doesn't want our land line advertising so I'm looking at other alternatives
Facebook I see where your coming from but I update my Facebook daily and by updating FB it triggers Google to place my website higher up the page rankings I think my updates reflect a steady growing business
As for putting prices on I did think about this but as you all know getting prices right is key, I would like to think I've won most of my jobs just by my personality and banter with the customer, if they saw prices first I might not have got that initial phone call

It's a ongoing project I'm sure it will take weeks to perfect

A lot of mobile networks offer a vitual landline number as a bolt on,

Some good feedback

Girlfriend doesn't want our land line advertising so I'm looking at other alternatives
Facebook I see where your coming from but I update my Facebook daily and by updating FB it triggers Google to place my website higher up the page rankings I think my updates reflect a steady growing business
As for putting prices on I did think about this but as you all know getting prices right is key, I would like to think I've won most of my jobs just by my personality and banter with the customer, if they saw prices first I might not have got that initial phone call

It's a ongoing project I'm sure it will take weeks to perfect
Look at Voipfone for a landline, costs £2.50 per month, I've got 3 with them, can choose your number and directs straight to your mobile

Just had a gander at this Voiphone, think ill be contacting them monday morning sounds like a decent plan :)

Voiphone wasn't available in my day but we did have a second line fitted totally different number for work ,Friends and family had new number and ansaphone on work line come on at 6pm.My wife started up a wee cleaning business and we had some crank calls from perverts asking what she charges ?? and does she do extras ?? Your girlfriend is right in not putting out your home landline..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what you think of this website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock