Discuss what van do you drive and what do you think about it??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fixter1

going to start looking for a new van and carnt mike my mind up lol

Fiat Doblo 1.9 Multijet. Looking to upgrade to the Fiat Scudo though.

Land Rover 110, best vehicle in the world although long term plan is to get a 130 with a workshop back.

vw transporter T5 1.9 tdi with REVO chip now140bhp -lovely drive ! had it for over 2 years and hated driving it till i had the REVO remap now it drives like a car and i get like 600mil out of a full tank ( only if i stick to speed limit, which I always do :) lol )

I've got a doblo 1.3 really good but I'm looking for a bigger van thinking a vivaro

I drive a transit connect now only do service and maintenance so size is ok for me but I miss my transit nice and big and comfy to drive (when I had it I was doing between 200-300 miles a day)

I'm thinking of a transit. Looking into a full van wrap for sign writing seen some awesome designs

Mercedes Vito swb. Wish I'd gone for the long, but other than that it's been a good van. Would probably fancy a transporter next time unless I can afford a Vito sport x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Transporter t5 2.5 130bhp. Lovely to drive and enough power to make even the steepest hills easy to get up even with lots in the back. Lots of little things keep breaking though like where you grip the door to close it the trim had come off both sides. cup holder broken, little thing on top of the gearstick with all the numbers has also fallen off.

About 450ish, I wouldnt say im the most economical driver. When I deliberately drove slowly for a full tank it only added about 30 extra miles on. I may have to get a re-map. As at ÂŁ115 quid a tank, its expensive to run.

this one when i get the sign writing and security sorted. IMG_0225.jpg

Transit 07 (mk7 i think?)

110 model, drives really nice actually for a transit, quite refined. Not had it long but it's got 118k on the clock now and drives like new. semi high top so no need for a roof rack unless its for cat ladder which I will have to cross that bridge when I get there!

Goes alright too, hills etc no problem.

vw transporter T5 1.9 tdi with REVO chip now140bhp -lovely drive ! had it for over 2 years and hated driving it till i had the REVO remap now it drives like a car and i get like 600mil out of a full tank ( only if i stick to speed limit, which I always do :) lol )

sgi, is there a noticeable difference to the power and the fuel consumption with the remap, i've got a caddy 1.9 tdi 105bhp and was thinking about a remap or tuning box.

Hell yes ! Ever since I did it I have only filled up with shell v power ! And the power is there ready to be used if you were in London would have invited you to take it for a drive ...
Dont expect it to become as fast as Subaru it will. E as powerfully as any let say
audi A3/A4 /golf with 2.0 tdi 140 bhp engine .
I am sure you will love it .if you want to get efficiency on fuel then you have keep revs down and stick to speed limit . There isnot such a thing as going fast and efficient

I do really really enjoy it !

Hell yes ! Ever since I did it I have only filled up with shell v power ! And the power is there ready to be used if you were in London would have invited you to take it for a drive ...
Dont expect it to become as fast as Subaru it will. E as powerfully as any let say
I am sure you will love it .if you want to get efficiency on fuel then you have keep revs down and stick to speed limit . There isnot such a thing as going fast and efficient

We're you ****ed when you wrote this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cheers mate, i used to have a passat 2.0 tdi 140bhp, if the remap is on a par with that, then it would be worth doing. as for fuel consumption, i'm only getting around 450 miles per tank full with the caddy & i dont drive it like it's stolen either. it's a dsg gearbox though, so that eats into the fuel consumption.

I have a lwb vivaro.
Best van that I have owned.
With the exception of the transit, it knocks the competition into a cocked hat.

Mines a lwb transit med roof 90 t350......goes like a shed on wheels up hill but superb downhill!!! Had it for 4 years and it's never let me down.....although I only get 350 to the tank....thought about downsizing but would really miss the space..

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

LWB medium roof Transit, a full workshop and plumbers merchant on wheels!

I get 600 to a tank on 110 transit mwb semi high, by the way. costs about ÂŁ110 to fill up mind and putting your foot down reduces it by quite a bit. All depends how you drive it.

i was thinking a transporter i have a vivaro now think i might look at the vivaro sport

I get 600 to a tank on 110 transit mwb semi high, by the way. costs about ÂŁ110 to fill up mind and putting your foot down reduces it by quite a bit. All depends how you drive it.

Wow....600 to the tank...i can only dream of those figures....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My combi van does about 450 miles to a tank and only costs ÂŁ60 to fill!

Wow....600 to the tank...i can only dream of those figures....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just thought I would add, thats on longish runs, around town stop/start etc its considerably less!

I've got a ford transit on an 03 plate. And the poor old girl is bleeding power steering fluid at the moment. That's a job for the weekend. I love it tho. Much prefer the high driving position and I don't think you can beat a ford for comfort.

Peugeot Partner 1.6hdi 90bhp (850kg payload) version (bit better than the 1.6 70hp 650kg) its the new shape 2009
Love it, enjoy overtaking ford transit vans, however the rear space needs to be well organised or
you will think its not big enough. Fantastic to drive though!

A Transit lwb medium roof, a work hose with tons of room old now but have it from it new can't remember any trouble from it except a new battery, noisy over 60 mph drinks diesel at avarage 300 miles per fill, still wouldn't get rid of it cause it never complains.

Newer VW T5 130 LWB 6 speed box, average 750 Kms per fill, very comfortable, will never be a transit for carrying capacity but to me a sports car in a van body I was stopped doing 145Km an hour one night hadn't got it long to me I was just cruising :)

Clutch is now giving a shudder which looks like a big spend, thinking of changing it for a new Caddy Maxi but then again I do take my time over such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what van do you drive and what do you think about it??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Back